Highlighted

Computer memory amount

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m looking to purchase a new or used computer for myself so that I may use the adobe programs, I’m a student,  how much memory should I look for in a computer when shopping do I need? I’m looking at Mac’s . I would prefer a laptop. So how does that impact my need for memeory usage? 

I have an old HP that cannnot support adobe at all, I’ve tried and it crashes my system. 

Thank you. 

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Computer memory amount

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m looking to purchase a new or used computer for myself so that I may use the adobe programs, I’m a student,  how much memory should I look for in a computer when shopping do I need? I’m looking at Mac’s . I would prefer a laptop. So how does that impact my need for memeory usage? 

I have an old HP that cannnot support adobe at all, I’ve tried and it crashes my system. 

Thank you. 

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which apps? Please list all of them you may want to use as it is different for each. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the apps will list system requirements if you click on them. I haven't found a page that consolidates the information, but my rule of thumb is that the more memory, the better.

The current CC runs all right on my work computer, which has 16 GB of RAM and runs Windows 10 Pro. I wouldn't mind doubling that to 32 GB, but 16 should be enough for most users. Adjust as necessary if you are running multiple large/intensive applications at the same time. For example, t work, I usually run Chrome, Outlook, FrameMaker, OneNote, Excel, Xplorer2, Snagit, and Zoom. I also use Acrobat, Word, Visio, and Photoshop on a daily basis, and have successfully run all at the same time with no real issues or perceptible slowdown.

The more apps you install, the more storage space you will need. Don't skimp on the boot drive, because the CC apps must be installed on it. I'd suggest 500 GB at a minimum, since you also have to consider the OS requirements and any other programs you want to install.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Adobe nor am I a computer technician. I'm providing advice based on what I would do, and when I buy for myself I buy with extra oomph so that I don't have to buy again for at least 5 years. My personal machine has 32 GB of RAM and two hard drives that each store a Terabyte.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well I take as a reference one of the programs that consumes the most, which would be for my After Effects, or the video programs, depending on the type of material we use of course.

I would say that a minimum i5 at the processor level, from 7 generation up. the most current are better.

Ram, minimum 16, hopefully being 32.

Hard Drive, it will depend on the data you manage, hopefully Solid State, SSD, I have one of 240 for SO and Software, another of 1Tb for the average.

Graphics Card, very necessary, if we talk about Adobe, it is better for performance, since the acceleration by GPU helps a lot. Adobe has a list of recommended and compactibles.

In general it is the combination of everything that makes the job better. It has variables to do better or not.

Regards,

WbolanosCo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines