• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration Error 16

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trialling indesign but I keep getting the same error every time I exit the program and try to start it up again.

"Please uninstall and reinstall the product. If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of the screen. Error 16"

This isn't the only reoccurring error, every time I turn my PC on and off - Adobe Cloud gets an error and needs to be repaired (reinstalled).

This is doing my nut in!

So far I have uninstalled everything and used the Adobe Cleaner Tool. I must of done this at least 3 times. I have changed the privacy settings also. Both methods found in other forums but to no avail.

I'm sure you will need more information, just let me know.

PS. Specs of my PC will not be an issue.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already given it a go. Still get the same problems. Spend all my time reinstalling either Adobe Cloud or Indesign (or both).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joem20338925

You may try to do a clean uninstall and reinstall by manually removing Adobe folders. Some times old licensing information causes this issue.

1. Uninstall the applications.

2. Manually remove the below folders.

Windows

> C:\Program Files\Adobe*

> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe*

> C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe*

> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe*

> C:\ProgramData\Adobe*

MAC

> Applications/Adobe*

> /Applications/Utilities/Adobe*

> /Library/Application Support/Adobe*

> /Library/Preferences/com.adobe*

3. Run cleaner tool and remove the leftovers if any.

4. Restart the machine.

5. Install Creative cloud again and try installing the CC applications. (Download Creative Cloud desktop app​)

Thanks,
Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank yyou so much for this post! I was online with tech support all afternoon to no avail, but then I found this discussion board, applied your suggestions and I was finally able to install Adobe Acrobat! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having many hours of mind numbing experience with the Adobe authentication nightmare, it took me 5 minutes to fix on 2 of our 32 Macs here. Re-installing the apps themselves will do nothing as the autemtication folders are not altered when you do this.

So, on a Mac:

Log out of your Adobe CC account.

Go to:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Rename SLStore folder to SLStore_OLD

*IMPORTANT* Make a new, empty folder called SLStore (the reason you need to do this is because the Adobe authentication needs a folder called this to populate. Wihout it, you'll get a different error message).

Restart your Mac. Log back into CC Cloud. Boot all your Adobe apps.

Will take you under 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ditto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a 3 year old topic I know. But this happened to me after the latest windows 10 Update (Dec 2020) , and I did not want to uninstall and reinstall. I was able to get Premiere to startup if I ran it is an administrator.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running as admin worked for me too.  It ask for key the first time (as admin) but after that it loaded with no problems.  After entering the key, I didn't even have to run as admin anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines