Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused about Serial

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, this is about photoshop CS6 extended 

Hello Community, had another question has there ever been a version of photoshop that is/has a standalone disk embedded serial. I'm getting told my product is legit when I believe it is not due to being unable to activate the serial for the product on my adobe account and then checking the barcodes on the box and them not matching up to product further suggesting that the product is illegitimate.

any help would be much appreciated... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

File a report with your credit card company to get your money back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Get-Sarted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedded serial? No, counterfeit. Real thing hasn’t been sold in a box for 7 years either. Some very convincing fakes out there but you were scammed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a serial number on the small white box your CS6 DVD came in and it should also be registed to your Products in your account on Adobe.com. If your CS6 was an Upgrade from CS5 your CS5 serial should also be registered there.  You will need both serials serial numbers to install and activate CS6.  The serial number is on a paper sticker that is on the small white box the CS6  DVD shipped in, in the big white box your CS6 package shipped in.  All CS6 DVD are the same.  It is the Applied white sticker serial that are unique to your Activation that will Activate CS6 as CS6 Standard or Extended. CS6 is very unstable without the CS6 Updates.    If you just purchaced CS6 you most likely do not have a a valid serial number Adobe stopped marketing CS6 years ago.  In the Past anyone could download CS6 and create CS6 DVD. However a valid serial number is required to register and Activate CS6 to your Adobe Account.  Without the serial CS6 would just install as a trial version and work for a moth. There are many that sell CS6 versions the have been modified to brake Adobe security and add whatever else they want to the DVD.  By the way the CS6 on the Adobe DVD is a very unstable Adobe CS6 version of CS6 that has 506 core Problems. I could not use CS6 for 5 months till Adobe released the first update that address the 506 core issued.  The were several updates after that one in 2013 and ACR was also updated to ACR 9.1.

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a point got this from eBay which from other posts of similar nature state that it's basically impossible to get a legitimate copy of CS6 from eBay. - So probably got scammed.

Adobe chat support couldn't verify if it was a legitimate serial or not. but I kept getting error messages when I tried to activate it on my adobe account using the Serial provided on the Box. (Meaning most likely that it is a bad serial)

I was told more recently that it has a self-activating serial that installs when I run the disk, 

also, the post on eBay said the DVD box was opened but not used, ie. now making me think someone just burned it to the disk, also checked all the barcodes on the back of the box and they were all fake... suggesting that it is not real...

My CS6 Extended disk is in English for Windows and is apparently self-activating, going to maybe try to install but don't really want to due to it most likely not be a legitimate disk... and probably full of trojans or worms, ie. don't want to infect my computer/network.

The main question was if the box is fake then the disk must be fake since I've tried finding information on self-activating disks and that doesn't seem legit as far as I can tell. plus eBay removed the post/sale suggesting something fishy is going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

File a report with your credit card company to get your money back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines