• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting to CC - Stuck on 'Installing update..'

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't connect to cc. clicking the CC link show "Installing update.." where the advice on the screen show a progress bar with 5% progress

It may be after a crash its fixed on this.

How do i reset this to reconnect?

thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Follow below steps :

Please follow below steps :

1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

2)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I ended up with the 3rd Error 16 I've experienced in the past 6 months.  Fully purchased version. I had to uninstall Illustrator and reinstall it. Again.

Btw, a MUCH easier fix to the update issue is, if you're on a Windows:

1. Go into Safe Mode with Networking.
  2. Update Creative Cloud
  3. Restart

Should be good to go. That's my process every other month when an update comes out. After the recommended uninstalling of CC, running various provided cleaners and reinstalling, the way I detailed above is the quickest, easiest and most efficient way of getting everything working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue right off first installation there is no Adobe file created in the Utilities tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also hit by permanent problems with CC Desktop updates. There are a lot of threads where Adobe reps or MVPs explain us that in order to fix these issues, we have to uninstall the tool, delete such or such folders and/or files, use a cleanup tool, reboot our systems, re-install, etc. These procedures are not actual solutions, even if they (rarely) work. Do you think that we have that much time to waste applying these procedures ?

The real solution is to write code that works. Writing an application installer is not a programming prowess. It's BAU. We shouldn't have so many problems with the CC Desktop installation or updates.

I'm really fed up of these CC Desktop problems lasting since years. The culprit is not the user or the user's system. It's bad quality code. Just fix it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines