Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant P50 Errors - Do I Need CC Desktop App

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

I've been running CC Desktop app happily for a number of years, and suddenly 2 days ago I'm getting a P50 error when it's trying to initialise after booting up my PC.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling but I also get P50 errors when trying to reinstall.

I don't want to remove all of my programs and start a complete reinstall of all my apps.

My question is do I really need the CC Desktop App to use my CC programs (primarily Dreamweaver, Photoshop and InDesign)? Can I not update programs direct from the Adobe website and add fonts from TypeKit by logging into my account via a browser?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is needed, it automatically installs when you download your first Creative Cloud application. It serves many purposes, the most primary among them would be to manage the licensing of your software, so you can't do away with this.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC is an important app. It is the pillar of Adobe products.

You cannot do away with it.

It is necessary for a lot of things, primarily holding the licenses for your subscriptions.

And it coordinates with other Adobe programs and orchestrates them  to give you a better service than usual. (experiences may differ from person to person)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all. 

I am able to use all of my CC programs without the desktop app. Also I can download any updates direct from my account on the Adobe website - hence my question.

I'm not going to clear all my programs and download again just to find that Desktop still won't install! I've seen other conversations where users have used Adobe Cleanup and still had problems. 

I wondered if anybody had experience of resolving the P50 error without having to do something as drastic as a complete uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines