Highlighted

Create Cloud Desktop App consumes all system memory on startup

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had an ongoing issue with the Creative Cloud Desktop App on my Windows 10 PC.  When the Desketop App starts, it immediately begins consuming GBs of memory, until it has consumed all available memory and the system halts.  I have to use Task Manager to kill the process.  I have rebooted the PC (which upon login, causes the issue).  I have uninstalled / reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop and all other Adobe products i have a subscription to.  I keep the Win 10 OS up to date, i am currently on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (18363.815).

Currently this behavor is limited to the Create Cloud Desktop.

Please advise.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create Cloud Desktop App consumes all system memory on startup

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had an ongoing issue with the Creative Cloud Desktop App on my Windows 10 PC.  When the Desketop App starts, it immediately begins consuming GBs of memory, until it has consumed all available memory and the system halts.  I have to use Task Manager to kill the process.  I have rebooted the PC (which upon login, causes the issue).  I have uninstalled / reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop and all other Adobe products i have a subscription to.  I keep the Win 10 OS up to date, i am currently on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (18363.815).

Currently this behavor is limited to the Create Cloud Desktop.

Please advise.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud+ all other apps you use.   

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Open Creative Cloud desktop App.  Click on Settings (gear icon) and turn off non-essential processes.

Disable Creative Cloud Desktop app from launching when you power up your computer. Go to Windows Start > Settings > Apps > Startup...

Post back if you have questions.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0