Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creation of an open source game repository with Mixamo animations

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to create an open source game, and to publish it on Github (with an MIT license). Can you tell me if I have the right to include Mixamo animations in my repository ? If the answer is yes, should I add an attribution notice in the source code, and/or attribution in the credits ?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need not post attribution to adobe.  all their products (including free trials) can be used without crediting adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but am I allowed to redistribute the animation in an open source Github repository ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your best bet is to ask Adobe directly via Customer Care:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you can distribute anything you create using adobe programs.  you cannot distribute adobe programs (like mixamo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was not sure, because users don't create animations with Mixamo. It is just a free collection of existing animations. Do you know if there is a webpage that describe the license ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines