• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud 2019 - Not respecting color settings

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Creative Cloud 2019 apps, and the colour settings are not staying set. Usually I set them in Bridge to sync the same across the suite of apps, but after clicking apply and then closing and reopening Bridge, the colour settings are out of sync again.

Photoshop seems to be set correctly, but I cannot get color settings to stick in either InDesign or Illustrator - they revert back to 'Emulate InDesign 2.0' in InDesign and 'Emulate Illustrator 6' in Illustrator, when they should both be set on 'Europe Prepress 3'.

Really annoying - anyone for a suggested fix?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

I think I got it working after trashing the color preferences.

This file:

ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have been trying to fix my InDesign settings since I updated the apps with no luck. The color difference is horrible between the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem (OS High Sierra). Color settings are not synchronized by Bridge and do not stay as selected.

Even if i select the settings correctly, Illustrator keeps reseting them to "Emulate Illustrator 6.0" when i am switching the apps while working.

Tried to get rid of the problem by uninstalling and installing the apps multiple times.
Deleted the "Preferences" and "Application Support" folders of the 2018 versions without any success.

Hope there will be a quick patch or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got it working after trashing the color preferences.

This file:

ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havent tried it before. Good idea . Worked for me so far.

Hope the colors will stay as they are now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I tried it and it didn't make a difference... I think we need a patch. I'm using OS Mohave and maybe that's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me either. I'm using High Sierra so it's not a Mojave issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Thijs, this helped - at least for now:

Close all Adobe Apps

Uninstall Bridge

trash "ACEConfigCache2.lst"

Install Bridge

Start Bridge to set the desired Color Settings

Nevertheless: it's sad to have to do this manually...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, this finally worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this method, but unfortunately it didn't help.

Maybe it is not exactly the same problem.

My Illustrator is OK, but Indesign isn't.

I'm on Win 10.

In Bridge I've set the Color settings to Europe Prepress 3, so the RGB profile has to be Adobe RGB, and the CMYK profile has to be FOGRA39.

My profile is synched in all my current installed applications (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom Classic).

However if I want to create a Hi-Res PDF file in my synchronised Indesign, the working space seems to be based on sRGB, and U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2.

Also when I go to Edit>Convert to profile, the source space seems to be RGB: sRGB, and CMYK: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2.

If I convert the document, than everything seems to be OK for exporting to PDF.

But this isn't really a great workaround, if you think of processing many documents a day.

Someone has the same problem, and maybe have a solution for this on Win 10?

Thanks for your insights, and help in advance . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what happened, but after converting one document to the right profiles... the problem seems to have disappeared.

I've just made a restart on Win 10, and now the right profile is set in Indesign.

Thanks . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a side note: I did't uninstall bridge but I did trash the Adobe Bridge 2018 (the old orphan pref) and 2019 pref files as well before posting my solution. Although for me deleting the colorpref file did the trick.

MacOS 10.13.6 (17G65) High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked... and I agree... maddening to have to do this manually. And while we're at it, I hate the new transform set up in Photoshop... if it worked don't try to "fix" it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very, very much!

Now the colors are perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thijs,

I seem to have exactly the same problem since the last update of PS and AI some days ago. But I can’t find the file "ACEConfigCache2.lst" you are referring to. Maybe I need to find another preferences-file today to trash?

Already had a evening long session with the Adobe helpdesk, but without succes...

BTW: I have had the same problem in 2018 and then it got solved with your solution. Since then I am very alert to this problem, but I can image that a lot of users are not even aware of this happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue after the last update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sasha, I am trying to get a solution again from Adobe, but I am waiting in queue... As soon as a solution is found I will let you know. I am just sure we are not the only ones with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a fix that worked for me:

THIS DID HELP: copy the desired color settings .csf file that you created in Indesign and also put it into this folder:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Color\Settings\Recommended"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stephan, but I am using iMac / MacOS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't forget to post the file-path to that common color settings folder – surely you'll be able to find it somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on High Sierra having this issue. Trashing colour preferences didn't work, neither did colour syncing from Bridge.

Uninstalling Bridge has fixed it for both Illustrator and InDesign though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Bridge first and then trashed "ACEConfigCache2.lst". Perhaps this is the way to go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, uninstalling Bridge and removing that colour preferences file has fixed it for me - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the fix for windows 10? Need help asap thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the fix for windows 10 version of illustrator. Indesign and photoshop are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines