• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud 4.0.0.185 stil misbehaving

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this update installed, I had high (100-200%) CPU usage with fans going and a hot computer (MacBook Air running 10.12.3).

I did the usual routine of using CC to uninstall my apps, uninstalled CC, Used the CC Cleaner, restarted, downloaded CC Desktop, and reinstalled the apps. After another restart things quietened down.

I had to restart today because of an update to some other software. As soon as I started up again, I had the same problem with heat, fans and Adobe Desktop Service hogging the CPU. So I'm doing it all over again. Currently downloading PS. I cannot be doing this every time I happen to restart the computer! This all began with an update to CC this last week. Surely it can be fixed?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Hi drmoss_ca, a.tamazov , Ludion , solaris23 , torbjørnn98565826​,

This issue is fixed in latest version of Creative Cloud 4.0.1.188. You can download the latest version from https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/creative-cloud

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And doing the thing again didn't fix it this time. If I force quit Adobe Desktop Service it quietens down for a bit, but then the process respawns and off we go again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi drmoss_ca ,

I have dropped you a personal message. Please respond.

Thanks,

Vimal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After СС self-updating to version 4.0.0.185, the Activity Monitor shows a high CPU usage by Adobe Desktop Service, the computer warms up and the fans are very noisy. Few days ago I completely reinstalled the system and Adobe CC, but problem persists.

Mac OS X 10.12.3

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem as well for me. if you ever got the solution, please explain / notif me, thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a fix, so I expect they will be pushing it out shortly. Works for me. Thanks to Vimal for his help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good. But now it is very difficult to work, my PowerBook heats up after several minutes of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off 'Show OS Notifications' in CC preferences - it appears in five places, the General prefs pane and each of four Creative Cloud panes. This seems to be a workaround for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same problem after turning of "Show OS Notifications" in all prefs panes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Creative Cloud 4.0.0.185 on a MacBook Pro (late 2016 running MacOS 10.12.4). Adobe Desktop Service steals computer CPU resources, the fan turns to full speed and you can use the Mac for frying eggs. I would like to use the Mac for photos (Lightroom and Photoshop), not as a kitchen utility. Please update CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi drmoss_ca, a.tamazov , Ludion , solaris23 , torbjørnn98565826​,

This issue is fixed in latest version of Creative Cloud 4.0.1.188. You can download the latest version from https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/creative-cloud

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I downloaded Creative Cloud 4.0.0.188. My problems are solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This 4.0.1.188 update solved it for me as well. This same problem inspired me to make three support phone calls and one online chat, including a call just this afternoon where the tech promised my ticket was being escalated and someone would contact me "in the next 24 to 48 hours" — just like the call last week, after which, of course, no one from Adobe contacted me. You might want to let your support personnel know that someone at Adobe is a) aware of the problem, and b) working on a fix. Just a thought.

If I could also just suggest that the next time you release an update to the software that is pretty much the core of the Adobe business model, you test it on your own computers instead of shortening the life of my motherboard and fan and those of your many loyal (and still paying) customers first. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback. I am forwarding this to our support personal.

We do test our application on multiple machines with different configurations. But I am sure you will appreciate with millions of users it is a challenge to simulate every machine state. Having said that it is not an excuse, and feedback from users like you helps us in getting better.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines