• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud and Apps Fail to Download & Update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything I've been able to research from the internet about methods to fix my issue(s). 

Whenever I try to download the Creative Cloud App or an application through Creative Cloud, the installation just....stops.  I'm using Windows 10.  My network activity seems to be going fine until the communication just falls off to nothing.  I don't get any error codes. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and cleaning with the adobe cleaning tool.  I just finished completely reinstalling Windows 10 and I am still having the same trouble.  I'm not a happy camper.

I first noticed the problem a little over a week ago when I noticed nearly all my Adobe apps had not updated in quite some time.

Tech support had me download and install the files manually.  I suppose that is a nice work-around, except that the apps are still telling me that they need to be updated.  I have the same problem downloading the updates.  The download process goes for a little while and then it just hangs.  I haven't had any problem downloading and installing the program files manually.  But I haven't seen anywhere to manually download upates.

I'm a professional graphic designer and don't think it's unreasonable to expect that Creative Cloud keep my apps as up to date as possible.  I've never had this much trouble with Adobe in the 20+ years I've been using their products.

Any assistance or suggestions what else I might try would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

So over the weekend I spent working continuing to try to figure out what my issue is.  I tried downloading and installing a new certificate (I am running Windows 10 Home, which does not use Local Group Policy Editor). 

I was still unsuccessful in installing.  However, I managed to spend some time digging around in the install logs and kept finding error codes (I think 201?) that my connection to the Adobe server was timing out.

I had disabled my Norton 360 antivirus and firewall, but made the di

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I have strictly the same event...  And didn't found any issue quite now

"The download process goes for a little while and then it just hangs. "  it stop and fail under 30% for me.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. Follow below steps:

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Unable to delete??? rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Then download and install Adobe Creative Cloud application and check.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Brucgovn

I applied your solution but it was still a failure.
So I uninstalled all adobe apps, except flash player. Then manually cleaned the entire registry (very long...)
Finally I downloaded creative cloud and the installation was finally positive!
I don’t understand, this is the first time I’ve had this kind of problem.
So much time wasted!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I tried this procedure again (I had tried it before) hoping that perhaps with a clean install I would have better luck.  It did not work.  I had none of the directories listed in your steps 1 through 3.  When I tried to run the file downloaded in Step 4, it gave me error code 72 and would not run.   I went back and made sure my Windows was up to date and tried running it again.  It didn't work the second time either.  

I then tried downloading and running the CC installer again a couple times.  It hung again at 20% and then at 18%.

: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable Hidden Admin account and try to install:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vis...

Later you can simply disable .

You may also try with the solution provided in below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error-code-42-or-72-when-installing-or-updating-Creative-C...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the administrator account was not successful in using either the regular CC installer (always hangs at 18%) or the file you linked (keep getting error code 72).

I have been successful in installing the alternate download option you mentioned.  However, the installer will hang whenever I try to install apps.  

I have limited space on my C: drive and need to install apps to a different drive, which as far as I have been able to ascertain, you cannot do with directly downloaded Adobe apps.  Even if I was able to somehow get my apps installed, the CC installer will hang whenever trying to update them.

I'll also mention that I don't have any problem downloading large files from other websites.  This problem has only just started within the past couple weeks.  It may have coincided with a Windows Update, but I can't be certain of this.

I do see online that many, many other people seem to be having similar problems.  But it certainly doesn't make me any happier not being able to get any utility out of my expensive (for me) Adobe subscription fees. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, Error Code 72 indicates that permission is being denied access to a critical file or directory.  You can find more information on how to resolve this error at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error-code-42-or-72-when-installing-or-updating-Creative-C....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So over the weekend I spent working continuing to try to figure out what my issue is.  I tried downloading and installing a new certificate (I am running Windows 10 Home, which does not use Local Group Policy Editor). 

I was still unsuccessful in installing.  However, I managed to spend some time digging around in the install logs and kept finding error codes (I think 201?) that my connection to the Adobe server was timing out.

I had disabled my Norton 360 antivirus and firewall, but made the discovery that Norton VPN was still running in the background even though it was not activated in the Norton control panel (!?!?!)  Unable to kill it permanently, I ultimately tried installing it with Norton running and VPN turned on.... and I managed to install the regular CC installer.  Sort of.  It actually stopped installing around 85%, but it acted like it had finished installing, and I was able to click on my desktop icon and run the program.

After a couple tries I was also able to install my apps and got everything running.  Of course, Adobe apparently had a big update today and now it's trying to download everything again.  We'll see how successful it is.

In doing research I've discovered a lot of people are apparently having weird problems with the built-in version of Norton VPN not running properly on reboot.  So far on my system it seems to only affect the CC installer.  I just wish I'd realized that a couple weeks ago and it would possibly have saved me a lot of stress in trying to get my Adobe apps running properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the informative update, Davidw36218783, I will keep this information in mind for others who may be facing Error Code 72!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

Looks like all my apps updated to 2020 version successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've faced the same issue with Norton Internet Security... thanks to your post I found the problem quickly!

I've put Norton Internet Security into Silent Mode and installations+updates via Creative Cloud worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines