Highlighted

Creative Cloud and Catalina

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Catalina and the latest updates of CC, performance on my desktop iMac is extremely slow, and basic operations take many minutes. Even when no CC apps are open, Activity Monitor shows a number of Adobe and CC processes going (for example, multiple instances of AdobeCRDaemon). Even though CPU is mostly idle, basic operations take forever, to the point that the OS considers applications "not responding". Are there zombie processes preventing me from getting anything useful done? Lightroom is balky, and PremierePro has become unusable.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.05.36 AM.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud and Catalina

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Catalina and the latest updates of CC, performance on my desktop iMac is extremely slow, and basic operations take many minutes. Even when no CC apps are open, Activity Monitor shows a number of Adobe and CC processes going (for example, multiple instances of AdobeCRDaemon). Even though CPU is mostly idle, basic operations take forever, to the point that the OS considers applications "not responding". Are there zombie processes preventing me from getting anything useful done? Lightroom is balky, and PremierePro has become unusable.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.05.36 AM.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 25, 2020 0
mamesMC LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact same thing has been happening to me for the past 10 month since purchasing a brand new 2019 iMac last December. I've already had the machine checked out by Apple twice and the issue is still not addressed. I literally have absolutely nothing on my hard drive other than the installed Adobe CC programs...I'm a full time multimedia student and my entire program is based on Adobe programs which are basically unusable on my desktop. They run much better on my old, used, beat up 2013 Macbook air. I don't know what to do, other than have an SSD installed, but that is extremely pricey. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0