• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud and Linux

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe ever release a version of creative cloud for Linux users? The market share of Linux distros for desktop OS's is growing and we all know that editing video is almost impossible with a tablet. (If you can edit a complex project on a tablet more power to you). Windows even has said they want to move to a subscription service for their desktop OS. I use windows 10 only for my creative cloud suite and smartsounds sonicfire pro software. I do not think anyone is happy with all the spying that windows 10 does and the means you have to go through to TURN OFF ALL the services. Then again are they really off? The time is right for Adobe to start developing a linux based CC suite program, even if they could get it to work with WINE that would be a first step. The CC suite is already in Unix for mac so moving the code into a Unix-like system should not be to difficult.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud on Linux asked 8-29-2012 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1057800

Has not happened, I don't think it will ever happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a shame because once windows goes month subscription it is going to hurt revenue. Linux Mint is almost as easy to use as Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the case (Windows going subscription, I haven't heard that), not such it will Creative Cloud revenue much, as the only people with Creative Cloud are the ones willing to pay $50/month subscription. A Windows subscription doesn't sound a big issue to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be but the problem is the subscription based services can get expensive and overwhelming since everyone is starting to implement them into software. The only software sub I have right now is Adobe and I would like to keep it that way. Microsoft would open the door for others to start taking Windows dominance on the desktop marketplace by offering a month fee OS imo. Windows 10 is so problematic from my experiences with it. It is nothing but a big advertisement and a system hog. I can only imagine what windows 11 is going to be like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft have said, very definitely, that there will never be a Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks I read the article. Microsoft is keeping things under their hat for now. However I think you will see another version and it will not be called windows 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 is about to be released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup that post aged like milk. Never say never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they have said that all future versions of Windows will be called Windows 10, and it will be constantly changed, and you can't opt out of that. So we are actually on Windows 12 or so if we were counting. It is system-as-a-service, not just a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my computer updated to Win10 version 1803 it was a FULL download and install... the same with version 1809 a few days ago... so I guess you could call it Win12, even thought the official name is still Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines