• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App icon no longer on Mac Taskbar

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe CC App has always been displayed in my taskbar (where File, Edit, View, etc are) on my Mac.  Although I am signed in to my Account, and my account is up to date, it no longer displays.  I have no idea how to get it back up on my taskbar.  Any ideas please. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Hi Deena2000,

Try opening the Creative Cloud desktop app by navigating to Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud > Adobe Creative Cloud (red shortcut icon). When the desktop app opens, it may simultaneously refresh the app icon in your menu bar. If not, while in the desktop app window click "Check for App Updates" under the three dots at the top of the window.

Let us know if that resolves the issue or if you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deena2000, sorry that the Adobe Creative Cloud icon is not displayed in the menu bar.  What is displayed in the Menu Bar?  What version of Mac OS are you using?  Are you able to open the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application by going to the Application folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deena2000,

Try opening the Creative Cloud desktop app by navigating to Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud > Adobe Creative Cloud (red shortcut icon). When the desktop app opens, it may simultaneously refresh the app icon in your menu bar. If not, while in the desktop app window click "Check for App Updates" under the three dots at the top of the window.

Let us know if that resolves the issue or if you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The creative cloud folder in application only has uninstall CC in it. Going via photoshop to get updates only works to bring the icon back if there new updates available. Why do Adobe make it so pointlessly difficult to get an icon back on the task bar after it disappears? It should be a simple click. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No CC app in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same reaction. Something simple, just minimize the creative cloud app window, your icon is there as it should be. We all send apple the same post about this and our frustration with how clean it is to have it as a stable fixture on our top menu bar. It was easier and out of the way to quickly update apps. Apple, bring it back, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keeping it minimized works but I have to rememebr reopen the  CC app everytime I shut down my mac, the icon used to be there all the time now its not. I don't get any notifacations unless I have the app open and minimized. How do I keep the ICON permanently on the taskbar like it used to be for the past 5+ years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines