• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud app is damaged and needs repairing every day even after repairing previous day

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I'm running iMac with Big Sur.

Ever since upgrading to Big Sur I constantly have a error issue upon Creative Cloud app opening when my mac boots up. Stating that Creative Cloud app is damaged, and needs repairing, this is a daily issue, even after repairing a few times.

Really annoyed as Adobe CC is a expensive annual cost and shouldn't have these basic bugs, especially as googling the issue, lots on Mac/PC users are experiencing the same issues.

Has anyone found a fix to this yet pls?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not cc.  it's something on your computer.

typically that's av, antimalware, file cleaners or anything else you use to keep your computer "tidy".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this never happened before Big Sur upgrade. I do have cleanmymac
installed, however that been running on my mac with Adobe CC for past two
years without any issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if that's true (the problem was caused by your big sur upgrade), why would you think it's an adobe problem?

in any case, google the problem and solutions, and make sure you have the most recent cc:

ccd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its' a Big Sur issue, then its a Adobe one. Why would you not test your
products are suitable to run on the latest platforms before releasing
updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  i'm not an adobe employee.

there are known issues with big sur and adobe apps (but not the one you have) which are all over adobe.com.  here are the basics,  Can I run my Adobe apps in macOS Big Sur?

if you want to discuss with adobe support, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

But this never happened before Big Sur upgrade.

End Quote:

Well There You Go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pritapal0D045, to add to Kglad's response, Cleanmymac is a perfect example of a utility that is periodically tidying your computer by removing or modifying files.

For your next steps, I would recommend you temporarily discontinue the use of Cleanmymac. If you find that the repeated damage to the Creative Cloud desktop app stops, please contact the manufacturer of Cleanmymac to confirm the utility settings.  

If the damage does not stop, then you will want to review any other utilities that are run and have the ability to modify or remove files on the computer.  Reviewing a list of the login items can aid you in discovering the misconfigured application/utility.  Please see https://support.apple.com/en-hk/guide/mac-help/mh15189/mac for info on locating and adjusting the settings for Apps that open when you log in.

Regarding known issues with macOS 11 (Big Sur), please review and bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html and will be kept up to date for any errors encountered using the new Mac operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this is a while back and I doubt anyone at Adobe will read much less investigate but for me the problem and solution worked out as follows.

Every time Adobe CC updates anything, the update process makes us of the user 'Temp' folder. Programmers are supposed to purge this folder of old files but most are too lazy to do so. Over time this becomes a rank garbage midden of junk files and, like a big software banana peel, it starts to trip up the update process and trigger errors. The more junk that accumulates the more frequent the errors until it start to occur with every boot.

With some system the problem becomes more serious as the update process seems to get into a loop that consumes incresing system resources and this can seriously slow down or even crash Windows.

Reinstallation achieves nothing because it doesn't purge the 'Temp' folder, and may even compound the problem. Likewise a disk cleanup won't help because this only removes files that are not affected by open processes.

To purge the 'Temp' folder, follow the steps below.

1. Complete the Creative Cloud repair as instructed. Save any open user files and close all Adobe applications.

2. Open Creative Cloud Desktop (assuming it's working) and click on the <File> menu, then choose 'Exit Creative Cloud'.

3. Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose 'Task Manager'.

3. Under the <Processes>, scroll down to 'Background Processes'. Continue to scroll through these items, right-click on each Adobe process and choose 'EndTask'. Make sure to scroll through all the background process list as not every Adobe process will be obviously labelled 'Adobe'.

4. Navigate to your user admin 'Temp' file. You will find it under c:/Users/Admin/AppData/local/Temp. Note that depending on your setup, 'Admin' might appear as a different user name. If you don't have admin rights then you will need an administrator to access this for you. Also note that some of these folders are hidden so you may need to turn on folder visibility.

5. Open the 'Temp' folder, Ctrl-a to select all files and folders and hit Delete. Any files not held open by a running process will be purged. Check the 'Temp' folder to make sure that every reference to Adobe or Creative Cloud is gone. If there are still files or folders labelled as Adobe or Creative Cloud then check that you have killed all running processes and repeat.

6. Reboot. If you go back to the 'Temp' folder you will likely find it already well populated with Adobe files and folders that will become future junk to purge but you will hopefully now have dealt with the most recent conflicts that were casusing the error.

Perhaps at some point an Adobe executive will earn their salary by wheeling their pizza-stained millenial programmers into a meeting room and burning their ears sufficiently that they sort out their sloppy coding to make sure that updating processes properly purge old files and conflicts to avoid this kind of problem. The baleful history of officious corporate arrogance and general complacency suggests not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i checked your post and i'll keep that in mind to see if info helps someone else.

(and any post that uses the word "midden" is definitely noteworthy in my opinion.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines