Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App prevents from closing by right-clicking

Participant ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Since one of the last updates of the (Win10) CC app (The current version is 5.1.0.407), I can not right-click on it to, for example, close it. So I have to close it from the task manager. Since I sometimes neccessarily need to close the CC app because core sync sometimes heats up my cpu to 100°C on one of my machines, the app prevents me from doing it via the task bar.

My question is: Is this intended and if so why? And if so, why don't you fire your UX Designer or whoever is responsible for this mess. I sometimes can't believe what is coming from a company like Adobe. Whoever decides something like this as a "solution" (for which questions?) should not be in a position to make decisions.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right you never could with the newer CC DTA. On Windows use Ctrl + w and on Mac Command + q then the Quit button.

2019-10-29 08_48_01-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

IMHO many people at Adobe should be fired. Mainly the people that chose this newer forum system and the ones that named the new Cloud Centric program that is supposedly like Lightroom to LIGHTROOM. But isn't lightroom and then named the REAL Lightroom to LR Classic.

So the question really is do they have anyone that actually THINKS.

Maybe they got them from Coke. New Coke, Classic Coke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something but I have no trouble closing the CC desktop app by clicking the red X (top right corner).

Creative Cloud Desktop AppCreative Cloud Desktop App

I'm on the latest Windows 10, build 18362.  And My CC Desktop app is ver. 5.1.0.407.  If if it matters, my Preference settings do NOT launch CC Desktop App on login as I only use it occasionally.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only closes the window. The program is still running in the background and the CC DTA icon is still in the notification area. The CC DTA is not closed.

You have to use either Ctrl + w or File menu item then select Exit Creative Cloud and then click the Quit button to actually close down the CC DTA.

2020-05-17 19_26_14-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

2019-10-29 08_48_01-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I don't.  I have no notification bar and CC Desktop App is NOT running in the background.

My Task Manager shows 4 Adobe apps are open but CC desktop app isn't one of them.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines