• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud app reports it is damaged an needs reinstalled on an almost weekly basis on Mac

Participant ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rather weary of this nagging problem with Adobe's CC app on Mac OS 11. Almost weekly or bi monthly, when booting the late model iMac running Big Sur, the startup of CC fails and it says I must redowndload and reinstall. The process is automated, which it does, and I can continue, after the 10 minute delay this causes. I've very tired of this strange behavior.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger) is corrupting your adobe cc app files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That would be called Mac OS 11 Big Sur. I don't intend to remove it, however. So I'd really prefer Adobe to fix their application so that it doesn't have this problem. An identical installation still running latest Mac OS 10.15 does not exhibit this. There are not differences between the two installations other than the operating system. So the culprit is a bug in Creative Cloud that somehow is initiated in this particular setup that does not show up with the older OS. Savvy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jeffreym,

Suggest you read the Known Issues related to Big Sur & M1 chips.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Also make certain your computer exceeds the new system requirements and you have a Mac user profile with full administrative permissions to write to files on your hard drive.  Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

This is not Adobe technical support.  This a public user forum.  Unless you see a red STAFF badge beside the person's screen name, you're not speaking with an Adobe employee here.  We are unpaid forum volunteers and product users like you.

I use Win 10 and have no problems running Creative Cloud services.  But each system is different.  If you continue to have problems, please reach out directly to tech support via phone or online chat. 

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy. I am not using M1 and the 2019 iMac I'm using far exceeds the minimum requirements and yes, it doesn't have this issue on my Windows 10 computer either. Just since Big Sur was installed. The bug report was filed some time ago. Just disappointed it's taking so long to fix, and others are experiencing this as well. We just let the reinstall happen which takes a couple minutes is all. Just a nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Last month I suggested you reach out to Adobe Tech Support.  What did they tell you?

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Alternately, phone support M-F during normal business hours.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's something adobe might fix in a future release, then just wait.  posting here won't speed that release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew all that and posted in case someone had an actual work around. Nothing suggested thus far even applies to this situation, so I suppose I can wait for them to resolve it with an update of some kind and deal with the irritation a while longer. I've been an Adobe customer since the early 90's and was a formal beta tester for a few years so I know how to reach their technical support and did file the bug report which they acknowledged. It just did it again and it's become a routine weekly reinstall and doesn't take very long to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines