Creative Cloud App STILL requires Rosetta 2?!!?

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled as to why Adobe couldn't update this with native Apple Silicon support - given the release of LrC and all the other apps today that support M1 Macs.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the Cloud Desktop app? Why is it important to you for the Cloud Desktop App to run natively on the M1? Does it run OK under Rosetta 2?

Adobe has a big workload getting existing apps to run natively on the M1.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

I would expect the desktop app to be last on the list.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - the desktop app.  It's important to many of us with M1 Macs as we want to stop relying on Rosetta 2 to run apps. Many apps under Rosetta 2 aren't as stable as native or universal apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, understood. Native apps are always preferable for better stability and performance. I plan to get an M1 Mac this year. I look forward to running all M1 apps on it.

I'm sure the Adobe engineers have a huge to-do list for porting apps to the M1. Native M1 Illustrator, Indesign and others were just released yesterday.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines