Exit

Creative Cloud app stuck at "Updating Creative Cloud"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is stuck at "Updating Creative Cloud, please wait"

I've done all 5 steps at this link:

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel

What should I try next?

thanks

Ken

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Remove Adobe Creative Cloud app

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step 2)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great instructions, worked great first time!  I don't know why the program hung up to begin with, but THANKS it now works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, another user successfully unstuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED !!, I have been struggling with this issue for weeks and it is finally fixed, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have the same solution for a Windows 10 PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting hung up at 5%. I am so frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been stuck at 40% for 1/2 hour. What could be causeing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this issue, tried everything on the internet but nothing worked. Ended up talking to an Adobe person and realised you can just download the entire setup files directly from the website. This will work perfectly!

CC Desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#Problemsinstall...

All programs: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download my creative cloud apps from this link, but unfortunately none of them were the current version, and I still cannot download updates through the creative cloud desktop app because I have a slow internet connection and adobe servers time me out.  I proved this by trying do do updates on my laptop at home (times out).  Then going to Starbucks and had no problem there with their faster internet.  Unfortunately, my desktop computer is my primary computer for photography work and it is not practical to haul my computer to Starbucks.  I still can't upgrade my desktop computer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just hotspot off your phone to at least get the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hesitant to try that long series of steps but I was at my wits' end.  It worked!  I can't thank you enough.  I am so grateful for the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still working 2019 with OS Catalina. Thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly! Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problem of error 81, because it's keep telling me Another adobe installer is running, the solution I see from trobleshoot page is "Close all adobe processes, rename PDApp folder." but it's not working. I found that it is just adobe creative cloud is stuck in updating, and I follow this it works. Thanks~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a error like this and i used task manager to force close it and reopened it and then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!! It worked perfectly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue last week and it turned out my ExpressVPN and Intego Netbarrier were preventing the updates from the Adobe server. Switched them off and I updated successfully then switched back on. Funny though that this hadn't been an issue previously until Adobe added profiles to the logins in August.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines