Exit

Creative Cloud app stuck at "Updating Creative Cloud"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is stuck at "Updating Creative Cloud, please wait"

I've done all 5 steps at this link:

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel

What should I try next?

thanks

Ken

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Remove Adobe Creative Cloud app

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step 2)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Mac Sierra

Sent from mobile device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step 2)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

Step 3)

Trash Adobe Creative Cloud folder from Applications as well.

Step 4)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-ToFolder " option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 5)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater ,Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 6)

Step 7 )

1)Please click on Apple menu icon and select System Preferences, and then click Network.

2)Choose the network that is currently connected to internet that can be Ethernet or Airport(Wireless).

3)Then click on Advanced button and click Proxies Tab.

4)Under 'Select a Proxy server to Configure' Uncheck all the proxy check boxes, then uncheck 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'.

5)Then click on Apply Now button.

Step 8)

Click on the below link and download Creative Cloud setup file and use the same to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/osx10/CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, it worked! You're a genius. Thanks so much for your help!

FYI:

here's what happened when I did the steps:

1. completed
  2. No Adobe Creative Cloud folder
  3. No Adobe Creative Cloud folder
  4. No OOBE
  5. Completed
  6. Nothing there (completed)
  7. completed
  8. Completed

thanks again!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I tried dozens of things, including Adobe's own cleaner tool. This long list of ridiculous steps is the only thing that worked. What a sh*tshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like jeffremc above, this is the ONLY thing that worked.  Thanks!! Mac mini, OSX 10.13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU X10000000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I was having the same problem (the Creative Cloud update wheel just keep on spinning) so I followed the steps above.  But on step 6, I downloaded the cleaner, the installer will not open at all.  I downloaded the CC installer as well and same thing, the installer will not open at all too!  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only worked for me when i also removed AAM updater inventory folder in step 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, when I reach step 8 and start the CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg, it just pops up really fast and closes (there's not even time to see the window, then it's closed). Not installed (i can't see anything in the applications folder)

Have tried several times without luck - can anybody help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie Kathrinej81413499, make sure you are signed into http://www.adobe.com/ before you click on the link.  If you still have problems then use a different web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked - thank you! Just chiming in so people know that this long workaround is still operational in late 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Haven't been able to download or update or use any of my Adobe Apps on my main computer for MONTHS and have been stuck using my crap slow lap top for work. I've spent hours trying to fix and troubleshoot this issues, and this was the only thing that worked, seriously you're a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have a mac running Catalina. I downloaded the cleaner tool for the Mac, but was too intimidated by it. So uninstalled and manually deleted all Adobe programs that I wasn’t using anymore Photoshop four five and six. Also Adobe  Acrobat  Pro. Manager etc. Someone  suggested , and I’m sorry I can not find the post anymore, to change the proxies. I did that as well. Go to network either Ethernet or WiFi whatever you are using. Go to advanced, Go to proxies and uncheck everything including “Use passive ftp mode (pasv)” May be uninstalling adobe programs and manager by itself would have worked. However I now installed cc and all programs that came with my plan  in minutes. Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, but when I click on the first link you provided it does not work  Can you help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rondal67468332 

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

What are the steps to correct this problem on Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, thanks a lot! i was about to jump off a bridge! instead now i can start learning adobe premiere ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to Ken's post, thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was skeptical to follow your instructions on a school district issued machine without Tech's blessing... but I did it and it worked. Thanks so much for taking the time to post and help us all out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much to Brucgovn. I removed all the folders you mentioned, and the desktop installer finally worked! I've spent hours searching out and trying numerous solutions over the past few weeks, trying to update the desktop, but you're the only one who mentioned all these possible problem folders -- especially those related to Adobe Application Manager. Something in there did the trick.

Actually, I skipped some of your steps and just removed folders and installed. I didn't run the Cleaner Tool, because I tried that once before and it didn't help -- and I believe it also stripped out all my CC apps, though maybe I did something wrong with it. I also found my network settings were all right to begin with, as I believe most people would find if they've already been using CC.

One correction: In /Library/Application Support/Adobe, the Application Manager folder is actually called AdobeApplicationManager (no spaces). And a suggested improvement: In Utilities, the Adobe Sync folder is another one replaced by the desktop installer -- so you might as well remove that folder too, just in case.

With these changes, here's a summary list of the folders to remove, in case it's handy in this form:

/Applications/Adobe Creative Cloud

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Sync

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeApplicationManager

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

/Users/[Your Username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

/Users/[Your Username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you! The important thing for me was to remove those files from BOTH libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines