• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application on a same machine.

How to solve this problem?

Windows 7 Professional.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Hi irish sunshine,

Please try to update CC desktop: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and let us know if still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Please ensure you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

We also have this solution for the having to sign in on every product launch

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html

If you're continuing to have issues please post back

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 188 Replies 188
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sick of getting this message every time I launch this stupid software. How long has this problem been out there? What the hell is Adobe doing to fix it?

For now you've got the market cornered, but that can change. Just ask Quark.

Fist this goddamn problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2017, I just bought Creative Cloud in Novemeber. I already hate Adobe. It's been over 3 years. None of these problems have been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in 3 or more years this lousy authentication issue has been plaguing customers, it seems quite embarrassing to be Adobe in this case.

What are we supposed to do? Should we all don eye patches and set for the high seas??

If thieves and pirates never have any Adobe authentication issues, then NEITHER SHOULD PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this issue has decreased dramatically for me over the past year, it still rears its ugly ass every few months. I won't apologize for cussing on this forum because it's the most effed up issue that Adobe won't fix.

The thing that really stood out the most to me, was when I used Adobe products from another internet connection or IP address (such as when I contracted for another company). When I worked at another company, Creative Cloud was asking me to sign in to every product. Once I did that and came home, Adobe asked me to sign in again. This went on for months and I can only assume it had something to do with my location or internet IP address. I now work exclusively at one location and the sign in problem has only happened once in the past three months.

Note: while I was on contract assignments, I did every single suggestion mentioned in forums and by Adobe to fix this issue and it never completely worked. Below is the complete list of suggestions that I have tried. Choose one or all. Only the last one really made a difference for me.

1. Sign Out/Sign In to Adobe CC Control Panel

2. Uninstall Adobe Software and Reinstall Adobe Software

3. Clean Install your System Software and Install Adobe Software (the dumbest thing ever BTW)

4. Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

And finally, the coup de grâce which actually helped me for a while:

1. Log out of your CC Desktop Control Panel

2. Quit all Adobe apps

3. Go to Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities) and quit out of:

Core Sync

AdobeIPCBroker

Creative Cloud

CCLibrary

Adobe Desktop Source

Adobe Installer

*And anything else you see with Adobe at the front*

*Do Core Sync and AdobeIPCBroker first to stop anything else re-spawning*

4.Rename to _OLD or delete if you’re brave:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Delete

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeApplicationManager

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud

5. Rename

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache to SLCache_OLD

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore to SLStore_OLD

IMPORTANT - On earlier OS’s you can just rename and new SLCache and SLStore folders will be made automatically. This doesn’t work on 10.9.5 so you have to make new, empty SLCache and SLStore folders which will get populated. So… Make new, empty SLCache and SLStore folders. They’ll end up sitting right above the _OLD ones. When I deleted the folders entirely InDesign decided it wasn’t authorised anymore!

6. Download the CC Desktop Control panel app and install it but don’t sign in yet or boot any Adobe app.

7. Shutdown your machine. We need to do a cold boot here, not a restart.

8. Once your machine has rebooted sign into the CC Control panel.

9. Run your Adobe apps. Hopefully, and I’ve done this on 10 machines now, you won’t constantly keep being asked to sign in every time you boot an Adobe app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you christo101. Your 9-step coup de grace technique worked! It was the only one that worked on my macbook - with every single software already being the latest version. I am surprised that this issue seems to be occurring even 4 years since it was posted about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE April 2017:

I contacted my primary administrator for our Adobe CC subscription. They deleted my access and then re-established it. Doing the sign in prompt once more on my machine fixed the sign in loop for me.

I also had deleted the opm.db and rebooted my machine, as some had suggested here previously. Not sure if this step actually had any bearing.

Hope this helps FINALLY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE April 24th.

Step 1: Log out of the individual program.

Step 2: Close all processes

Step 3: Login and verify there is an email address next to your name in the application. Adobe Screen.png

I contacted adobe support, you have to essentially sign into the individual applications as well as sign into the adobe creative cloud suite.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM.  Nothing has worked.  This is the worst!!!!!!  Adobe needs to get it together.  This is what happens when you upgrade???  I should just cancel everything and use basic free reader.  I HATE ADOBE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi edwinc83162696,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Could you please explain a bit more on the problem being faced by you? What is the version of CC desktop app you are using? If it's a sign-in issue, can you please try quitting all Adobe applications except CC desktop app. Sign-out from CC desktop app and sign-in again. Then launch the Adobe apps from CC desktop app.

Thanks,

Vimal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a 184 post thread!!

Just read back and you'll see EXACTLY the issue edwin is having.

Actually, this resolution "Thank youchristo101. Your 9-step coup de grace technique worked! It was the only one that worked on my macbook - with every single software already being the latest version. I am surprised that this issue seems to be occurring even 4 years since it was posted about."

was mine. (my solution at post 104 of this thread 104.). Glad some people are still finding it useful. It took me 3 weeks to work it out and it helps a lot of people. After spending 9 HOURS in online chats with Adobe (with no resolution at all), finally getting a solution myself was not as satisfying as it may seem. It's really because of replies like yours where previous posts have gone into minuscule details of their issue (it's a flowing evolving thread) but you ask for more info and regurgitate the same steps that were put forward over 4 years ago, none of which fix a very long-term, cross platform Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vimal_Varshney​ Ditto what psmudger​ said. This thread is older than my dog and people are still having problems. Please read through this thread and you will see a shit ton of angry subscribers. This has now become a "Game of Thrones" issue but Adobe still can't seem to fix it.

I credit psmudger​ with the 9 step solution. I simply posted every possible thing I had read in previous posts on this thread, and what I had done myself to fix this annoying issue. It's a CC Compendium of Solutions. However, I have no longer had the log in problem since doing a complete system reinstall, Adobe CC reinstall, and rarely connecting to other networks which Adobe usually flagged and forced me to login again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen brother!! I only bring it up to illustrate how far this actually goes back and all the billions of things that users have tried over the YEARS. And then to have yet another Adobe staff member come on and ask for more details! Just really sums up how much Adobe care about their customers, ie, either can't be bothered to read through the back posts or doesn't have the logic to prompt them to do so. Don't know which is worse. One thing for certain, the £1600+ subscription for our 32 licences never fails to be taken out of our bank account. Funny that isn't it?

glad your login problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words, you all haven't a clue, do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

found this thread and the one on this one tooCreative Cloud Desktop app not staying logged in on boot.

arij2010's answer is the one suggested here but more detailed. You may have to kill the adobe update service too to do that for some that are listed. But it seems to have done the trick.

@arij2010's suggestion posted here in case the link doesn't work...

1 - Windows 8 and 10 : "Windows+X" to Access the Power User Menu

Run the Task Manager to quit these processes .

Adobe CEF Helper

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe IPC Broker

Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service

CCLibraries

CCXProcess

Creative Cloud

CoreSync

2 - Rename The folders "SlStore" , "SlCache" and "OOBE" to "SlStore.old" , "SlCache.old" and "OOBE.old" in this location :

C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ SlCache

3 - For Windows :

-> Run any application as admin and sign in .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines