• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud apps stuck on login loop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am logged in as the admin on OSX 10.11.3 CC version 3.4.3.189, but can no longer use the apps as its asks me to login on a loop, as described here

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/signed-out-sign-in-required-error-248.html

Adobe Application Manager opens and says sign in required (terms and conditions for trial software), clicked sign in

please wait a moment message

screen thank you, creative cloud will no be licensed for , click continue, application manager closes, photoshop icon appears for split second in toolbar and goes back to application manager asking me to sign in.

I've tried opening Photoshop from the CC launcher in the toolbar, and also from the Applications directory.

I've tried deleted opm.db inside /library/application support/adobe/oobe/ restarted, same issue.

I've also tried quitting these activites before deleting the opm file

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7647093#7647093

Tried setting the permissions on the Adobe folder inside Application Support to Read & Write for everyone, including sub files.

I enabled the root account, logged in, uninstalled all Adobe programs and used Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to wipe everything away. I also used CleanMyMac 3 to delete anything else Adobe related.

As the root user I downloaded Creative Cloud again, went to open Photoshop and still have the same login loop.

I have wasted many hours on this and I'm unable to use the software any more, so this is having an impact on my ability to work.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I feel like its an Adobe server side issue, as I've done everything I can my end, the problem started happening when I made a change to my subscription.

My support case number is 0187454998

Thanks

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Thanks.

For anyone else having this issue, I also got this email from customer support that had a few more steps in. I think I'm all good now, seems to be working.

1. Please close all Adobe programs.

2. Click on Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Network.

3. Choose the network that is currently connected to internet that can be Ethernet or Airport(Wireless).

4. Click on lock icon, enter the Administrator name and password.

5. Then click on Advanced button and click Proxies Tab.

6. Under '

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Hi Charmaine,

Sorry for a late response.

Please use this link to Contact Customer Care.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you no longer remember "sign in using the Adobe ID and password that was used to purchase the subscription"?  This is an insane amount of steps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you forgot the password there is a possibility to send by email password reset link and you can change the password.

Adobe ID account and sign-in troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not forgotten my password.  But the one I used when I initially installed/subscribed to the software, that one I have forgotten.  This was suggested as necessary to escape the log in loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I understand. This sentence "sign in using the Adobe ID and password that was used to purchase the subscription" is a little wrong formulated. Please use your current Adobe ID and current password which is assigned to your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it turned out I had a few entries in my hosts file that were probably the cause, like:

# 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com

# 127.0.0.1 adobeereg.com

# 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

# 127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com

# 127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

# 127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com

I don't know how these entries ended up here, this machine has never run pirated software, but does have an adblocker installed, but that should never be able to edit my hosts file. Anyway, the lines have to go.

(for mac users: open a hosts file by opening a terminal window and typing:

sudo nano /etc/hosts

(you will have to enter your password here)

Comment the possibly offending lines with a hashtag (like above) and save by pressing ctrl-X and choosing Y(es)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got through this issue.  I tried reinstalling, deleting, and updating the /etc files as mentioned, elsewhere.. I did that for both global /etc and also in my users /etc directory.

Hosts file was not an issue.

Finally, I created a new user on my Mac, logged in as that user, and was finally able to get past the perpetual login issue.  And now, I can also go back with my regular user and login.

I only had this issue with Adobe XD.  For some reason Photoshop was never an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines