• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud automatically deletes old versions 2017 and 2028 of After Effects and Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Premiere Pro and After Effects 2020 the same way as I always do with Creative Cloud. And before doing it, the installer asks if I want to maintain older versions of the programs on my computer, and my answer is ALWAYS YES. 

But suddenly my older versions of Premiere Pro and After Effects 2017 and 2018 are deleted! Thanks Adobe!

I know that you want us to use the last versions of your programs, but please, stop sabotage us by deleting our older ones!

And by the way, why do you delete the installers of older versions from your servers? I'm going to install After Effects 2017 YES or YES, with or without your help, but right now the only way of doing it is by searching for a PIRATE AE 2017 installer. Isn't that a contradiction? I'm paying for your apps, but I have to search for them in the pirate community... Well done!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's a 3rd party (eg, dolby) suing adobe issue. https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/05/13/adobe-warning-of-legal-problems-if-users-keep-using-old-v...

that said, i haven't had my older versions of animate (the only adobe program whose older versions i want to retain) removed and i haven't seen others complaining about older versions of ae and premiere pro being removed (yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines