• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Badge [red dot on notifications] Conundrum

Engaged ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The badge system (?) / feature (?), for me, is one of the worst interface messes in the Adobe world. Creative Cloud in the menu is lit up by the badge about three times a week, but what it's signaling is anyone's guess. You hope it's an app update, but invariably it's not. Instead, it's your weekly guessing game. Is it a comment to one of you posts in the foums? Maybe. Is it a like on one of you posts in Behance? Probably not. You can't know. Even when you choose Support Community and log in, where clicking on your name from the popup menu shows no entry or request for your password (Mac/Safari) the alarm bell next to your name in the upper right isn't lit up. But there still could be a new post by someone on a thread you've been following or posted in.

I've had the alarm bell in the upper right of the Creative Cloud app lit up a few times in the last week, but the list it offers hasn't changed in over a month. I have a grabbag of things in the settings that I want notifications for, but then why not let me know which of those things is active?

I don't get how Adobe can light up the primary doorbell to a whole rich world of hard working developers and active users, but then have no one come to the door to answer it.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your problem?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replies like yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are replies like mine a problem?

I ask "What is your problem" because I couldn't understand what you are complaining about!

Do you complain about the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm complaining about the badge interface within the Creative Cloud app. That it is currently useless, but could be VERY useful to users if Adobe actually gave it a reason to live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a "badge interface". I'm not sure to understand what you mean in what part of the CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you don't know, Adobe rents the forum software... so have very little control over how the forums work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. But sometimes Adobe reps do pipe in. And maybe someone knows something we don't and can offer a solution other than shutting off notifications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe product engineers rarely if ever visit these user-to-user forums. 

To clarify terms, Badges are a community forum feature over which we have no control because as John said, this forum platform is rented from Lithium/Khoros.  Don't ask me what the Profile badges mean.  Personally, I couldn't care less about them.

Forum > Profile > BadgesForum > Profile > Badges

There are no Badges in Creative Cloud Desktop App.  However, there is a toolbar across the top.  See screenshot. 

image.png

The icons from left to right denote CC Preferences, Help, Adobe Fonts, Notifications, Creative Cloud Activity and My Account.

As is, I have no complaints with the toolbar.  It works fine for me.  However if you have an issue, feel free to submit bug & feature requests directly to Adobe where the product engineers will see them. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I'm not looking for Mr and Mrs Adobe to come to my house and fix this. I merely mentioned that I've talked to Adobe reps via the forums, as an aside.

2) I don't care about those actual forum badges.

3) I'm talking about the red dot, called a badge by countless MacOS applications.

4) So, the red dot appears in the MacOS menubar where the Creative Cloud icon resides. It gets a very tiny red dot (badge) now and then, and it is mostly useless because most of the time when you activate the Create Cloud app to see why the dot is there, the badge—sorry, the red dot—give no indication of why it was there in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to wonder if OCD behavior over the red dot is another pandemic symptom.  Maybe all this fuss will go away once the Covid-19 vaccine is approved :-).  Meanwhile, you can turn off notifications. And you can disable start-up of CC desktop app from your Mac system settings. Whatever works best for you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen-Shot-2020-05-17-at-11.08.28-AM.png

It's quite simple: the inset is what we see (the dreded red dot); and the larger image is what we see when we click on it. 

Pointless feature. And a now pointless, flogged point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's are several posts in this forum about this point.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/creative-cloud-icon-red-dot-after-waking-up-a-macbook-pro...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/annoying-red-dot-in-cc-icon-on-mac-menu-bar/td-p/11036333... 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines