• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud (CC 2020) Desktop App Update Failed - Error Code 113

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that most of the help on Adobe's website is way out of date!

I have Adobe Creative Cloud (CC 2020) desktop installed (with All Apps Subscription) on both my Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Version 10.0.1.18363 Build 18363) System and my iMac 27" High Sierra System and both devices get Error Code 113 when trying to update anything. Each app upon clicking the Update button progresses for anywhere from 7-30% before it exits and reports Update Failed - More info -> which in turn tells me Error Code 113 (Unable to reach Adobe servers) which is a total bullcrap response code, because I can connect to Adobe's connection test pages (along with everyone else who seems to be having this problem, and STILL can't connect through the desktop app...) I have done all of the troubleshooting steps on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

I should also note that Updates Fail even through the Adobe website app.

I even had a support agent connect to my system remotely and spend over half an hour navigating around my system doing this and checking that, but spent about 80% of his time with the cursor sitting idle on my desktop and unable to solve my problem. Totally useless waste of my time and his.

Removing my router (Linksys EA8500) from the picture and connecting through just my modem allowed me to "Update" all my apps, but again, this is total bullcrap as I should not have to remove my router from the picture to UPDATE my apps - especially when I had no issues before, and nothing had changed on my router since the last Adobe updates. Ports 80 and 443 are open in the router for both TCP/UDP

What gives Adobe? Why is it I (we) can't get an answer as to why this is happening and/or better, more current, troubleshooting steps? Especially with what we are paying MONTHLY for the All Apps subscription. Speaking of subscription pricing, you have a Photography (20GB) package at $9.99 per month, why isn't there a Content Creators (20GB) package that includes Ps, Ai, Lr, Lr Classic, Pr, Ae, Au, and Me for something like $29.99 per month??

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was having the same problem but I've figured it out, I think. Select the app you want to instal on your computer from the Categories section of the Adobe Creative Cloud App. I was trying to instal the files from the Updates section previously. It seems I was attempting to download old versions of the software. I along with most others, refer to the software as Adobe CS3,4,5,6… but the software is listed by the version number i.e. Indesign v 8.0 (old file) I was supposed to download InDesign v 15.0.3 (which wasn't showing in the Updates section)! I've wasted many hours this afternoon cursing and trying to "Retry" downloading the software. Now I've downloaded the correct file, it all seems to work ok. Good luck…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What [edited by moderator] are you talking about? I downloaded CC Desktop and clicked the "install" button. Every time I do this I receive a ERROR 113.  You're referring to old files, etc. doesn't even make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I forgot to  update my issue... it seems my issue was with communicating with Adobe's download servers, and the issue actually had to do with a faulty firmware on my high speed modem that was reporting incorrect system date - it was like 2 months behind the actual date - your computers system clock, router system clock, and even your high speed modem system clock all have to be the correct time and date! Once I replaced the modem with the faulty firmware, I have not had any issues communicating with Adobe's download servers, and updates all come through fine.

If you are having connection issues, try checking the system time/date on you computer, wifi router, and even your modem!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines