• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud constantly prompts to "Update Acrobat DC"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own Acrobat Professional X and it works great. Every time start my computer, wake up from sleep, etc etc, I get notifications that Acrobat DC needs to be updated.

I do not have Acrobat DC installed. I do not want to buy Acrobat DC. I am happy with Acrobat Professional X. I also don't want to uninstall the creative cloud app.

I've been run in circles for about 20 days by Adobe's terrible online customer support. Went through the boilerplate "delete and reinstall", they even had me do a PRAM setup. 

I asked MANY times to be elevated to someone who could actually help, but was denied every time, because the outsourced callcenter guy on the other end kept insisting that "we can fix this". INSANELY FRUSTRATING

I'm almost certain that the problem is in the Creative Cloud program itself, not being able to distinguish between Acrobat Professional and Acrobat DC, or having some issue with owned licenses vs subscription apps. Considering I've never ever installed/trialled Acrobat DC, i think it's obvious.

Can anybody give me some options here? I'm pretty sure this is the worst software support I've had in my life; how do i get somebody at Adobe to fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does not seem to be any fix. You just have to ignore the message. This has happened for many years and so it's clear nobody in Adobe intends to mend the CC app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, really disappointing that Adobe is so lousy with fixing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines