• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Crashed and wouldn't Uninstall, now my laptop won't startup!

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Ive seen a lot of people having the same problem with 1.5 people viewing "Creative Cloud Glitching, Keeps crashing and asking me to repair" and people having this problem from 2017 till now (2020). The general consensus was that nothing worked to fix it and you had to reset/reformat you'r mac to fix the issue. 

I had many of the same issues with the app just randomly crashing after having no problems before. My mac, running OS X Mojave, was extremely slow taking about 3-6 minutes to open a single window. Took me about 3 days to try reinstalling Creative Cloud, then I tried completely removing any files associated with Adobe. I couldn't uninstall the apps individually as Creative Cloud wouldn't open.

All that bring me to today where I decided I had to factory reset my mac as that seemed to be the only fix that worked for people. But during the process the installation failed and has failed 2 more times since. I also tried resetting through 'Internet Recovery' mode and that didn't work either. 

So I'm really not sure what to do now. Has Adobe CC just bricked my mac? Obviously with Corona Virus going on I cant take it to an Apple Store and not sure that Adobe can do anything.

Any advice will be welcomed. Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a Major Computer Problem!!!!

More than likely the hard drive, SSD, in you Mac is failing and or FAILED.

This really has nothiing to do with Adobe or any Adobe program. It is a Computer hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point it does seem that its more than Adobe, but it is suspicious that Adobe Creative Cloud was the only thing to fail and that its a common problem and everything else still worked on my mac as far as I could tell. 

Things I hadn't mentioned is I did do a 'First Aid' drive check before installing the new OS and came back with "The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK". 

I guess I'll need to get a new hard drive to check that its only a drive problem and then reformat the old drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines