• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop App - cannot complete install due to Error 201

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely frustrated and fed up with this. This has been going on for 2 months. I've never had any issues with the CC Desktop app downloading and updating before. When the most recent update notice came up, I attempted to run it - the thing gets stuck at 7 or 8%, got to 10% once - then it just dies, says it can't complete, gives me a 201/P201 error.  This implies there's something wrong with my internet connection.

I tried the chatbot thing for support, the person on the other end told me to "connect to another network". What? I'm sitting here in my home, I have no "other" internet connections! Then s/he suggested I use a mobile hotspot - I DON"T HAVE ONE! - and even if I did, I'm not insane enough to rack up massive data charges on my phone. After almost an hour of back and forth with this person, I gave up, we were getting nowhere.

I dug around the help pages and went thru at least 4 of them:

1 - I turned OFF my antivirus (with firewall) and anti-malware - no help

2 - Just in case, I made sure that the application was permitted thru the firewall - no help, same error

3 - I did the test for secure sites - works fine.

4 - I did the test for the Adobe activation server - no issues.

5 - I've uninstalled the CC Desktop app using the uninstaller and downloaded the installer (again). The install will not complete, stalls the exact same way with the same error. So now I have no CC desktop app at all 😕

6 - I have downloaded the CC Cleaner  tool, but have not yet run it. I'm rather worried that if I uninstall my apps - as it says to do before running the Cleaner tool - that I will not be able to reinstall anything!

One thing that did come up that had never come up prior to this issue is my antivirus - Kaspersky Internet Security - keeps blocking the ccxprocess  reg - and I have to specifically allow it.  I don't think this is the problem, because I've turned that AV off completely before running CC desktop and still had the same problem.  By the way, this blocking of ccxprocess is relatively new, it had never happened before and I've been running CC for several years.

As you can tell, I'm frustrated and quite annoyed at this point. I'd like to be able to install the lastest Photoshop update but cannot.I just want to get this fixed.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LadyNRed56, I am sorry you have encountered a frustrating situation while attempting to use your Creative Cloud membership.  If you try to download and install the Creative Cloud desktop app from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html are you able to install successfully?

Error 201 occurs due to the downloaded files being damaged or blocked.  If you have already completed the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install.html#network_connectivity_is... then I would recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider for additional assistance.  You will need access to the servers and ports listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html if you wish to utilize a Creative Cloud Individual membership.  If you have already resolved any possible errors on your network, then the ISP should be able to help you with verifying you have access on their network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the zip file and see if that works.

As for the supposed network issues, nothing has changed with my network; the router is mine, not the ISP's equipment, and nothing on it has been changed recently; there is no firewall or proxy set up on my router.  Even the cable modem is my equipment, not the ISPs, the only thing Comcast provides is the incoming connection. I can double-check the router, but I doubt it will turn up anything.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Installing the CC Desktop app from the full executable worked - finally. I was then able update Photoshop to the latest version along with the other apps included in my subscription.

So, perhaps something was corrupted before? Who knows, but it finally worked.

Just to clarify one thing, my router does have a firewall, but there were no restrictions set that would have stopped traffic to/from Adobe.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, LadyNRed56.  I would recommend focusing on any installed software firewalls if you were successful in installing the Creative Cloud desktop app when it was downloaded and invoked locally.   The good news is that you are not facing any problems with installing Photoshop.  It is very likely that you will receive additional errors when the next update of the Creative Cloud desktop app is made available.  

Please bookmark this public forum discussion for any future errors with the update process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 months later - hard drive failed so installed a new one with a brand new copy of Windows 10. Initially installed ACC from the same zip file from Dec 2019, but, the update it then tried to download - gee.. installation failed with the same issues - again! And as I said 6 months ago, there are no internet connection issues, no firewall blocking anything (and no rules since even that is a brand new install!) antivirus turned off.

This is b.s. - you insist on blaming this failure on the end-user - one that's a paying customer - but that may not be the case for much longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LadynRed56, I am sorry you continue to encounter problems.  Please contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided to resolve any errors you are encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and have tried uninstalling multiple times to no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CreativeLivingOH, if you are encountering Error 201 then uninstalling the software will not resolve the connection error.  Please see the directions in this public forum discussion on how you can adjust your network to not block access to Adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines