Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop App Installer is Stuck

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having issues with installing the CC desktop app itself (not the apps within it). I uninstalled it as I was having issues with anything loading, but now I am unable to reinstall it. Each time I've tried, it either gets stuck at 2% or 33%, with no signs of advancement even after an hour of letting it simmer.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 10.36.43 AM.png

I've tried the "change the permissions to read & write" advice, the "navigate to this folder and remove this stuff" advice, my firewall is off, I've restarted my Mac a couple times and then tried... Nothing. I'm worried that I may have deleted an important adobe file that needs to exist to download any of the apps now? Is that something that can happen? I don't know much about the back-end stuff, so I very well could have messed something up while navigating to folders and removing files.

Anything else I can do to resolve the problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm filled with dread here looking at all these instructions again. Just went through all this with 2019 version only a few months ago and now the new 2020 is still presenting these same issues. My entire computer is hijacked by Creative Cloud hanging and is unworkable. Absolutely none of those suggestions actually solved the issue and the idea of spending days and days again trouble shooting around in circles with all this is just horrid. The only way this got fixed last time is that Adobe fixed the bug that caused it in the first place and re-released the 2019 version. Can't they do that again with 2020 and stop wasting our time please? Why wasn't it done in the first place? 

I'd alternatively like to resort to the 2019 version until this is sorted. Can you please remind me how to get this re-instated especially with CC needing constant 'Repair' please? I'd like to uninstall and delete without using CCloud. Can you help please?

This is incredibly painful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG it's the end of January 2020 and I've been experiencing this exact same issue since November 2019. I'm not quite sure what is it that's causing this trouble still. I either get stuck at 1% or 25%, and I've left my computer alone for 2 days to try to see if it just needed time to conclude the installation, but this seems to go nowhere. Now I can't install any Adobe software because Creative Cloud won't do anything. I've uninstalled everything and reinstall it in my computer and it just won't finsh the installation. How did you all solve this issue?? Please help me because this is really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolute sham!

I've been trying for 2 days now to reinstall Photoshop 2020 and Lightroom. 

Ive deleted cc and reinstalled, completely reset my computer thinking maybe there was something holding it up, but it seems it's just Adobe's incompetence yet again that's letting so many of us down. 

I can't even get a reply from them in 'contact us'! It's ridiculous! Some of us have work to put out and this has caused me a huge level of stress!! Adobe! Sort it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It's the beginning of June 2020 and I am expierencing these same exact problems and when I tried to get help from someone from Adobe, it lasted for 3 hours, then telling me I need to "contact Mac Support" and STILL no solution to my problem. I have been trying to redownload CC for the last 2 days and absolutely nothing is working. It keeps pausing at 1% or 17%. Every time I want to try and REDOWNLOAD, I have to delete any evidence of the software, shut down my computer, and restart the whole process. I'm thinking of canceling my membership all together because this is absolutely unprofessional, stressful,  and a huge waste of time. Very very disappointed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've got the similar problem. I'm trying to install Creative Cloud Installer for the first time but it stuck at 5%. I've read the suggestion mentioned above but I do not have any CC product installing as this in the first one I try to install. It would be highly appreciated if someone could help me with the issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have win 7 or later or mac 10.11 or later, follow each step that you can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have there been any further developments with CC Desktop hanging on installation?

I am on a Mac 2010 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 and I noticed the other day that my Libraries were not syncing correctly after downloading Photoshop 2020 and illustrator 2020. (BTW, I know I have an older machine, but until now ALL my CC Apps were working just fine and updating fine 😞 )

I decided (after searching/reading for hours and hours) to uninstall CC Desktop and ALL Apps. I am now seriously regretting this BIGTIME and I am very worried . . .

I just can't d-load the CC Desktop App at all. First it froze at 12.5%, then I tried again after removing everything - but even by using Adobe's cleaner utility it said there issues, so I did it all manually by uninstalling EVERY App one by one. I then emptied the Adobe folder.

So in theory, I should have NO CC products on the Mac now. I tried again (fourth time) to install from CC Installer and it opens a browser page, makes sure I am logged-in and then continues . .all seems fine but for the last hour it has been stuck at 20.5% and says in grey beneath the 'Installing (20.5%)' 8-10 mins left?? Originally for the first few tries, this estimated time for download said 80-84 mins??

I even tried booting my Mac in 'Safe Mode' (as suggest in forums) but couldn't install there from ther either as there seemed to be no internet connection (even though it said in System Preferences that I was connected via Wi-Fi to my normal connection) I couldnt even get a connection in a browser window, just 'No internet'. So I had to then resort to a 'CMD-Opt-P-R' restart.

After this, I opened Acitivy Monitor and killed 2 instances of CC shown in there (one was marked in RED and said 'Not Responding'). 

I then went into my System Preferences and turned off the Proxy settings ( as instructed here in forums) and un-checked 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'. After this, I ran the CC Desktop installer again. It all looked good at first because instead of est time of 80+mins it started ripping along and said est time 8-10mins - Great (I thought) . . . 

That was an hour ago - I am still staring at the CC Install window telling me 25% with 8-10mins left 😕

I cannot tell you how depressing this is... I now have NO CC Apps At All!! And I have SO much work to do today - No Photoshop, No illustrator . . no CC Desktop - Nothing and I feel after almost 48 hrs of trying I have attempted everything

PLEASE Can someone help me??

PS: I d-loaded the CC Desktop App from my logged-in account in the Adobe browser window under 'Apps'. And finally, I just wanted to add this: I d-loaded the CC Uninstallation app and ran it after removing things manually. It says this: 'Uninstallation of Creative Cloud desktop completed with errors' - just incase that bit of info is important?

Sincerely,

Beej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever able to solve it? I have the same issue and have done everything I can but it always gets stuck at different percentages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Creative Cloud on a Windows 10.  When I click on the install application it pops up a sign in page and immediately closes it and stops everything.  I can't even get the installation to begin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my creative cloud installer is stuck as well. Why is it so difficult to install this thing? very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what exactly do you see when trying to install the cc app from here, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for responding! It is OK now. When it froze, it just was there at 62%, doing nothing - but I left and came back and it ended up downloading fine. whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear.

(and enjoy your adobe programs!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's extremely sad that Adobe stopped selling actual, installable, cd roms of their products. Even more so when I see folks like yourself having issues installing their CC line, as I'm having the same issues needing a fix or correct answer to get what I'm paying for to work. Additionally I purchased hard copies of Photoshop back before they went to their CC line and I couldn't even upgrade from those which where quite pricey. Obviously is there are more than a handful of people having issues it's more than an obvious isolated event. The best of luck and hope you got it working.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved for my situation on my iMac running 10.15.3 Catalina.

I had the same issue as below.  The installer would stall at first 4.7%, then went up to 21.7%.  I had been working on this all of February, following all of the suggested methods from Adobe Support.  Today I finally got it to install completely.

I searched the Prefs folder and deleted all of the com.adobe...plist files, and also any Adobe files and folders from the Application Support folder.  All of these were in the Library folder.  Once I deleted said files, I re-started the install process and it completed.  Then I rebooted my computer and was able to launch Adobe CC and login.

Hope this helps anyone else that is still having the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is we shouldn't have to do all this complicated stuff. It should just work. Adobe should acknowledge it is a code problem and stop giving us silly technical things to do and spend some energy fixing the code. Simple. @Adobe is losing it and trying to do too many new releases without having the code sorted first. Last year we were going around in circles too and one day the latest upgrade occurred and with no acknowledgement or announcement about these bugs it was repaired. Surely they would have learned what the issue was last year and made sure it fixed this year. Seems 101. C'mon @Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. Adobe would have to have to worst installers in the industry! There really is no excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is inappropriate of @Adobe to say this is fixed and the 'correct' answer. it isn't correct as it is still happening to so many people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annem980883578, this discussion was primarily active in 2017. If you are encountering errors in 2020, and the current public forum discussion is not helping you resolve the error, then please begin a new public forum discussion with the errors you are encountering and the troubleshooting steps implemented in 2020.

If you would like direct assistance with resolving any errors, then please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html. Please be prepared for longer than normal wait times, due to the current pandemic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines