Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud desktop app keeps spinning

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

So i just bought the adobe suite. I downloaded the adobe suite desktop app but all it does is loading (blue circle) after a while a pop up says it takes unusually long with a help link. I have done every single thing it recommends (restart computer, reinstall the app, delete a folder in appdata) nothing works. Do you know of this issue and how to fix it? Im using windows 10 latest version & even deactivated the firewall since i assumed it has to do with the server connection. Im kind of frustraded right now since i cant use the product i paid for. Thanks for any help. Best regards Tim

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Adobe Support could fix it for me. Had something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ and Windows Credentials. I dont know any step they did (deleted some Microsoft Visual C++ Programs and deleted the authentifications for adobe under windows credentials). Since i didnt use Adobe before on this computer i dont know if this will work if you already had data stored. Might be best to open a support ticket with adobe.

Thanks & Best Regards

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take look here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/creative-cloud-desktop-app-spinning-wheel/td-p/88515...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Unfortunately i have already seen these links and tried these resolution numerous times with no results . Thats why im asking a question that has been asked many times before, since none of the answers seem to work (at least for me).is there a posibillity do download older versions of creative cloud desktop app? maybe this would be an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend a clean reinstallation. 

1. uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html 
  2. then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html 
  3. clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html 
  4. restart your computer (don't skip this) 
  5. reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud. 
  6. if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html) 
  7. use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials 

  

Important are steps 3 and 4. Please don't skip these steps!!

Is your system up-to-date? Do you have installed the latest patches for the operating system and the latest versions of the drivers?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your promt answer. I havent used the cscleanertool. Might be worth a shot. I'll try it this evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have been working on this for 4+ hours with no luck. I hope someone finds a solution. I have followed several solutions found on adobe support with no luck. Any other ideas would be appreciative.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesnt work. will keep you up to date if i find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I think that there's a problem with the app itself and that there's nothing we can do on our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. No problem on my HP notebook, everything works.

The problem is on my MacBook Pro: the loading wheel keeps turning and turning. Had a two hour chat with one of Adobe employees / experts, could not find the problem either.

Have no clue what to do ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Support could fix it for me. Had something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ and Windows Credentials. I dont know any step they did (deleted some Microsoft Visual C++ Programs and deleted the authentifications for adobe under windows credentials). Since i didnt use Adobe before on this computer i dont know if this will work if you already had data stored. Might be best to open a support ticket with adobe.

Thanks & Best Regards

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines