• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop app not staying logged in on boot.

Engaged ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few weeks, my Creative Cloud Desktop app hasn't been automatically logging in and staying logged in when I start my system, as it has done for years.

It runs fine and the blurry white logo appears in the system tray, which used to then go sharp to indicate that it had logged in, and it would then sync.

Now what's happening is that the logo is going sharp, and then immediately going blurry again.

If I click on it, a window pops up saying "You've been signed out. Unable to authenticate your Adobe ID. Sign in again with your Adobe ID and password to continue using Adobe apps."

If I then sign in, it's fine for the rest of that session, but as soon as I reboot, the whole process repeats, which is very annoying!

Occasionally it will log in and stay logged in on next boot up, but most of the time it just logs straight out again as described.

I've tried uninstalling Creative Cloud, deleting all its folders, and reinstalling it again, but no difference, it's still doing the same thing.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour, and is there a fix?

The app is version 4.6.0.384 on Windows 10 1803.

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As several users already reported more than once in different threads is this forum these suggestions don't solve the problem. It obviously does not help to merely hope that it does... It's really time that someone takes this seriously an works out a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try this :

1 -

Windows 8 and 10 : "Windows+X" to Access the Power User Menu

Run the Task Manager to quit these processes .

Adobe CEF Helper

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe IPC Broker

Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service

CCLibraries

CCXProcess

Creative Cloud

CoreSync

2 - Rename The folders "SlStore" , "SlCache" and "OOBE" to "SlStore.old" , "SlCache.old" and "OOBE.old" in this location :

C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ SlCache

3-

For Windows :

-> Run any application as admin and sign in .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arij2010's answer seems to be the one, did the trick for me although you have to kill the adobe update service too to do all the ones he mentions.

The connections suggestion for IE doesn't do anything, my settings were just as described in the link given and had no effect on the problem. it is more a cache (term used loosely) problem that renaming the proper folders seems to have corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm pleased it's working again for you, but following that procedure made no difference whatsoever when I tried it.

It could well indeed be a folder permissions problem, but you would think that after completely uninstalling the application, deleting all its data and then running the cleaner tool for good measure, on reinstallation it would actually create folders with the right permissions!

My money is still on it being a problem at Adobe's end. All I know is that my installation wasn't working properly for days, even after cleaning and reinstallation, and then suddenly without me knowingly doing anything, it came good, and (touch wood) has stayed good for nearly a week now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure your money is safe. Since Monday, my login has stayed constant, with nary a change on my end. Of course I never received a whisper from Adobe regarding my bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now back to logging in and then out again immediately again on almost every boot.

"Unable to authenticate your Adobe ID".

This really is beyond a joke now, it has to be a problem at Adobe's end, and presumably because not everyone is having the problem, or at least isn't complaining about it, they obviously don't care about doing anything to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things were good for a few days but since yesterday the problem is back and I have to login after every restart of the computer. It's strange that it disappears and reappears randomly which makes it almos impossible to search for the cause...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many others on here have tried and reported, the posted suggestions are just that, suggestions.  They did not fix the problem for me nor any of the users at my organization.  This was not an issue until CC App version 4.6.0.384 was forced upon us.

I for one am terribly uncomfortable (putting it nicely) following the suggestions at this link posted above or anything that tells you to adjust your Internet Options in this way - very Windows 95 of them.  ***SCREAMING SECURITY PROBLEMS***

Just because there aren't hundreds or thousands of people screaming about it doesn't mean it isn't affecting that many.  I would probably just deal with it if I didn't have 2-Factor Authentication turned on which requires me to get a text message every time I log in, sometimes multiple times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and it continues. Multiple required sign-ins, within a span of 10 minutes. Still no actual response from Adobe, other than "hope this helps!".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well touch wood, it seems to have been OK for me over the last couple of days, logging in automatically on boot, and staying logged in.

I hope it stays that way, but I don't have a lot of faith if others are still having the problem!

I'm pretty convinced now that it's a problem at the server end, not in the app itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue - just changed my CC subscription plan in the last couple of days, forcing a new install of Cloud and all of the Apps.  Since then, CC won't stay logged in after a computer shut-down.  I'll try the uninstaller approach, but this is a pain in the butt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's frustrating.

You could walk through this (as suggested here: Re: Creative Cloud Desktop app not staying logged in on boot. 😞 Adobe Creative Cloud signs you out or asks you to sign in repeatedly

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that did any good at all then, and I very much doubt if anything has now changed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue on 2 separate Dell Precision laptops (1 is a 5510, the other a 5520, both running Win 10).

The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app is constantly signing me out and it is really starting to impede on my work.

• I've tried all the Adobe recommended options. No fix.
  • Have had Adobe Tech Support remote into both laptops. No fix.
  • Have tweeted to @AdobeCare (still no answer to my query after 5 DAYS!)
  • It's getting ridiculous now, and I've have had to transfer some media files over to Resolve just to get the job finished on time.

A permanent fix please Adobe???

(Note: when I'm using WiFi the problem is not as regular, but as soon as I connect to the Internet via my Dell TB16 dock (USB-C) or adpater (as these laptops have no Ethernet port) I get signed out of Adobe straight away...so is there a networking issue here, rather than an installation or permissions error I wonder?)

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly 2 years on and I am still dealing with this issue! 2 YEARS FFS ADOBE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was expecting to find a fix at the end of this thread. Just got a new laptop and having to sign in to Adobe CC with each reboot. Can't believe Adobe has let it go on this long. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe subscriptions since the beginning .My portable trip between home and work and is connected to the wifi and ethernet of both randomly and I never had this worries .I am under Windows 10 and so I think it comes from a problem of permissions and not related to networks and that in this case everyone should have the problem logically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ arji2010

I think it comes from a problem of permissions and not related to networks and that in this case everyone should have the problem logically.

The problem is that I have not changed anything on my Computer. The last Windows 10 update was in spring and everything was still fine until the end of June. Then, without changes on the computer (no new software, no changes of permissions etc. only Adobe CC updates), at the end of June this problem started. Therefore it's hard to believe that it is a local problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But still it is a problem for only part of the users. Did you file this as a bug?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one just filed a bug report. This weekend, I was being logged out every 5-10 minutes. I would log in, start up Lightroom. Use it for a few minutes, go to export some photos and I get a "Please sign in request".

Hopefully, someone will show an interest in this. I have several WIRESHARK captures covering the request to log in, running Lightroom and being logged out. Without a guide to the architecture of the CC logged in state, there's nothing I can look for in the captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you file this as a bug?

I did not, but someone I know did. Adobe support connected remotely to his computer but could not find anything wrong with it nor could they solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe has fixed the problem. Yesterday morning I did not need to login and today I'm still logged in despite shutting down the computer over night. It's maybe too early to jump for joy, but I hope that it stays this way . If so this prooves that there was something wrong on the Adobe side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well FWIW, mine has actually been OK for several days now, so I think that confirms that the problem was at the server end.

Creative Cloud Desktop did appear to update itself a few days ago, but when I checked the version number hadn't changed.

Whether that was anything to do with it I don't know.

I hope it's now fixed for everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having this issue as well on all of our Windows 10 machines running CC, all software up to date, with internet settings confirmed as in the support link.  Every time they restart the computer they have to log back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May have resolved the issue on my system...

I was doing routine clean-up of my start-up programs when the Adobe items caught my eye: Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Update Starter Utility.  After investigating it appeared that neither is really necessary to use Cloud or the apps, so I disabled both items and rebooted.  No problems since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines