Highlighted

Creative Cloud Desktop App stuck on blue spinning wheel after update.

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching the forums, I found a post suggesting a fix.

I performed the following steps:

1- uninstalled CC desktop app

2- deleted all the preference files in the OOBE folder for my user profile

3- rebooted

4- downloaded CC desktop app again and reinstalled

I get stuck on a blue spinning wheel after the login prompt. All I can see is the behance tab and the apps tab. No home screen, no files tab, no fonts tab... I can go into preferences but cannot make any changes, as it goes back to waiting. My internet access works fine, meanwhile.

Can someone provide suggestions? I'm spending a LOT of time trying to resolve this.

Thank you

Correct answer by Michaelkaye | Community Beginner

This worked for me:

Open Finder, click on Go > Go to Folder. Type in ~/library and hit enter.

Open Application Support/Adobe folder and rename OOBE folder to OOBEold.

Click on Apple icon on the top left, select System Preferences

Choose the network that is currently connected to internet that can be Ethernet or

Airport(Wireless). Click on Advanced button and click Proxies Tab.

Under 'Select a Proxy server to Configure' Uncheck all the proxy check boxes, then uncheck 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'.

Hope this helps someone else.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Desktop App stuck on blue spinning wheel after update.

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching the forums, I found a post suggesting a fix.

I performed the following steps:

1- uninstalled CC desktop app

2- deleted all the preference files in the OOBE folder for my user profile

3- rebooted

4- downloaded CC desktop app again and reinstalled

I get stuck on a blue spinning wheel after the login prompt. All I can see is the behance tab and the apps tab. No home screen, no files tab, no fonts tab... I can go into preferences but cannot make any changes, as it goes back to waiting. My internet access works fine, meanwhile.

Can someone provide suggestions? I'm spending a LOT of time trying to resolve this.

Thank you

Correct answer by Michaelkaye | Community Beginner

This worked for me:

Choose the network that is currently connected to internet that can be Ethernet or

Under 'Select a Proxy server to Configure' Uncheck all the proxy check boxes, then uncheck 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the exact same issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After waiting from an answer from Adobe I decided to to the following procedure:

- uninstalled every adobe CC app from my PC

- ran the Adobe CC cleaner tool

- Reinstalled a limited amount of applications, as needed

It was a huge waste of time, but it fixed my issue. I think the CC desktop app getsd stuck with something it might consider to still be installing. I recommend launching every adobe app you have installed, if you haven't done so yet, and checking the settings/preferences. Allow them to sync with your adobe account. Then perhaps uninstall apps one by one to see which one might be the culprit, or follow the procedure above.

I dread the day some update to CC desktop or AIR comes and breaks everything again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man, this worked for me. All the boxes under the proxy settings were already unchecked, "Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)" was what was messing it up. After following your steps, then restarting my Mac I was able to connect to the creative cloud. Very frustrating problem, happy its working now.

Thanks again man, Cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks changed my "Use Passive FTP mode and it works" I have had endless problems with the spinning blue wheel in Adobe CC manager, along with applications just hanging. I have contacted Adobe on numerous occasions, and looks like your fix has worked. It's obvious that Adobe release software without testing first and then use the paying subscribers to fix these issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had this problem on two machines installing CC for the first time. Both had previous CS installations. We used the Adobe CC cleaner tool to tidy up the conflicts which seemed to related to previous installers. We didn't need to remove the old CS programs as we still use those as well.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this also worked for me,

All of the proxy check boxes were already unchecked,

At the end of Michael's sequence, I force stopped Adobe CEF Helper, it immediately restarts, and everything loads,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I did not work for me.

Creative Cloud Help solutions do not work in my case either.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html

I tried Solution 1 thru Solution 4… but I do not have opm.db file in my OOBE folder (never had, since I checked backup from the time CC desktop was working).

Any other advise please…

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michaelkaye, this worked for me as well. (on a Mac / OS 10.10.4)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, life saver!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It worked for me.

Carlindo Lago

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typed in ˜/library and it keeps saying it can't be found. Am I missing something?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brianah,

Use ~/library

You must include the tilde ~

The tilde symbol is a shortcut for your own user folder. The full path is:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

From your Mac Finder, simply press Command+Shift+G, then paste in the above path. Rename the OOBE folder to something else, like OOBE-old.

I also recommend going to Utilities: Activity Monitor. Look for anything that has the red CC icon. Double click on the app/process to open up a window, then select Force Quit. You must do this one at a time. After you stop the CC processes, try launching Creative Cloud Desktop again. These are the Creative Cloud processes which may get "stuck" and need to be stopped:

Adobe CEF Helper

Adobe Desktop Service

AdobeIPCBroker

Core Sync

Creative Cloud

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! If only every answer were as correct and to the point as yours! Thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experienced the spinning wheel issue trying to update to CC 2015.3 on Mac. I updated the CC Updater app and then followed the above instructions to uncheck 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'. On my first try I failed to hit "apply" on the Networks dialogue after exiting the Advanced tab and it didn't work - even after a re-book. I followed the steps again and then hit "apply" on the Networks dialogue after exiting Advanced. The spinning wheel was gone and from the CC Updater app and I was able to download the LR & PS updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the PASV network setting also worked for me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you find go

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying the above solution to no avail, I opened up Activity Monitor and searched for all "adobe" processes and quit them all. That at least got me past the endless blue spinner. But now I'm stuck staring at 0% on the installation progress bar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried renaming the OOBE folder.. nothing. I then quite the CC desktop app using the activity monitor. I uninstalled the CC desktop app, downloaded a fresh install from Adobe and reinstalled. All is now working fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of the above and now uninstalled Adobe CC, Lightroom and Photoshop, deleted the support files again, and tried to reinstall. When I try to install Photoshop it just says "waiting..." and the rest of the apps screen is unresponsive. It's amazing that Adobe hasn't fixed what is clearly a very fragile and unreliable updating system. I am effectively locked out of using a product that I am paying for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the issue still persists, please contact support to get this resolved. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.htm

Regards

Rajashree

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajashree, I'm basically at the point of re-installing os x and reinstalling. This is killing me, come on Adobe. After the reading the forum's it sounds as though adobe really doesn't know how to fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it to work after uninstalling everything and deleting everything. This should not have been necessary. Why has this not been fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I got it working but then when I re-installed it all, I kept saying - "Start Trial"  even though I had signed in as my PAID user credentials.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On what planet is the response to the original question at all reasonable? 

Just askin'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, tried everything several time.

Spent 4 hours with Adobe "expert" taking control of my Mac, spent 3 days trying all the deletes and re-installs.

It simply DOES NOT work, still spinning and the Cleaner gets stalled bouncing, not even a log.

No help from Adobe, they just repeat the same over and over.

.. and I paid for the complete CC .... and nothing is working, a pity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem on the last 2 major updates, my solution was to open Task manager (control+Alt+Delete) and end all creative cloud/Adobe processes. Next right click on the creative cloud desktop icon and select run as administrator, click on the Run button when prompted. When creative cloud desktop app appears click on update.

The desktop app updates and then you can update all your apps via the creative cloud app.

FYI this is for Windows 7, 64bit PC machines. I have just used this method to update the whole CC suite.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you.

I am on a mac, and still not a single solution from Adobe.

The second expert, after a session of 5 hours, said he is escalating the matter to a higher level,

that was 3 days ago, no news since then

I find that a real scandal!

All softs are working on my Mac, it's just Adobe's cloud installation that does not work.

And their "cleaner" soft is not working at all, just bouncing.

Anyone have solved that on a Mac?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time this happened I was able to fix it by deleting the opm.db file in User/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder.

But today I did a Carbon Copy Cloner backup of my Mac OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite) startup drive to a larger capacity hard drive, and then made the new drive my startup drive. After booting into the new startup volume, my CS6 and CC apps ran OK. But when I tried to go to the Adobe CC Desktop Application, I got the spinning vortex of no love.

I finally fixed it! I renamed the OOBE folder to OOBE-old (as prescribed earlier in this thread). Then I launched Activity Monitor (in Applications: Utilities) and force-quit everything that had the name Adobe or CC, plus Core Sync (it has the red CC icon). The apps and services I quit included:

Adobe CEF Helper

Adobe Desktop Service

AdobeIPCBroker

Core Sync

Creative Cloud

I launched CC Desktop app and it prompted me to log in. Bingo! Within a minute I was up and running and all synced up.

This is lot of trouble and anxiety, Adobe. For what we are paying you, you should be approaching perfection.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only good solution that worked for me:

1) asked Adobe for online support and did what they asked

2) eventually they asked kindly to take control of my Mac remotely

3) they tried their best during 3 hours

4) they upgraded the level of the case and an online rendez-vous was taken

5) a higher level specialist took control

6) 2 hours later : sorted out

So, it was very tricky and Adobe was efficient.

Happy now

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's your higher specialist? Same trouble here...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My own troubleshooting method doesn't work any more. I now get this error after I force quit all CC-related processes with Activity Monitor and try to relaunch the Creative Cloud Desktop app:

The application "Creative Cloud.app" is not open anymore.

This is truly a bad deal, especially for $49.99/month.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a lot of help from Gary1606 above, so many thanks.

I'm using Windows 10 and have same old spinning wheel problem. Using Task Manager and stopping every single Adobe process (there were a lot, including apparently two copies of Creative Cloud) did not work the first time, so I would like to stress that for some reason the advice above to run Creative Cloud as Administrator seems to be necessary.  Once I did that, it immediately started correctly, displayed all apps and started updating them.

I had previously also turned off synchronisation, so I'm not sure whether that also had something to do with the eventual results.

This really isn't good enough for such a key product, and I'm grateful to this forum otherwise I think I'd have been uninstalling all my Adobe apps and starting again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like my creative cloud panel on my PC (Windows 7) to stop spinning. It is as if it's waiting me to do something.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines