Highlighted

Creative Cloud Desktop : bug report

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Desktop app is repeatedly creating an empty "Downloads" directory in my Documents folder.  This happens on every boot (even though the CC app is supposed not to start on boot) and every time I run the CC app manually.  This started happening in the past 2 weeks.

Windows 10

CC 5.1.0.407

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Desktop : bug report

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Desktop app is repeatedly creating an empty "Downloads" directory in my Documents folder.  This happens on every boot (even though the CC app is supposed not to start on boot) and every time I run the CC app manually.  This started happening in the past 2 weeks.

Windows 10

CC 5.1.0.407

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, John. At first I tried the "Provide feedback..." option in the app menu, but this just led to a generic help page.

Anyway, I have now submitted a bug report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shot of your Documnets folder showing these multiple download folders that the CC DTA is making?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah see my post below.

As for why and WHY in the Users Documents folder? I can only offer a guess.

Since the User actually has Rights (Folder File Permissions) to their actual Documents folder Adobe felt that folder would be the best place to place a folder that the CC DTA would use to temporarily download updates and upgrades to the CC programs. Once those update/upgrades are installed that folder is emptied.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also see a Downloads folder in my Documents folder and I deleted it. Restarted my Win 10m system and it did not return.

I also have the CC DTA set to NOT launch with the system. But if I start the CC DTA that Downloads folder does get recreated.

To me it is no big deal. It is one sub-folder in my Documents folder.

To others, for some reason, having a Program (Any Program) place an Empty folder in the Username\Documents folder it like someone stealing from you.

If that folder is always being recreated, Or if you have multiples of that folder then for some reason the CC DTRA on your system IS starting with the system.

On my system only one Downlaods folder is being created.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0