• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud desktop sign in doesn't remember name or password

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 (most recent).  Adobe CC (most recent).

Occasionally when I boot up, the CC sign in window comes up, but it does not remember my name (address) or pw.  It has in the past.  Image below.

What's wrong, and is there a simple/quick fix?

I did some research, and found this thread, which didn't answer the question-- Re: creative cloud doesn't save login credentials/password​​  (leading to this link: "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app )--unless the answer was to uninstall and reinstall CC, which isn't clear from the answer.  If that is the case, does that mean uninstalling ALL the Adobe apps, or just the CC management app (the red one with the links).

Thanks,

Gideon

Screenshot 2018-07-13 11.49.45.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

quit your cc desktop app

delete your Adobe PCD folder and SLStore folders, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html

remove the OPM.db file:

Mac OS: You can locate the OPM.db file in the \User\<user name>\Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE folder. To access the hidden user Library folder, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion.

Windows: You can locate the OPM.db file in the \Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE folder.  To view the hidden A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to uninstall all cc programs before you can uninstall the cc desktop app.

if you are going to do that, do it completely:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC desktop is already installed.  The problem is it doesn't remember name or password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quit your cc desktop app

delete your Adobe PCD folder and SLStore folders, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html

remove the OPM.db file:

Mac OS: You can locate the OPM.db file in the \User\<user name>\Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE folder. To access the hidden user Library folder, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion.

Windows: You can locate the OPM.db file in the \Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE folder.  To view the hidden AppData folder, see Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.

restart your computer and retry signing in to your cc desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I have had this problem on my desktop PC for like a YEAR, and Adobe has been ZERO help. I do 95% of my editing on this PC, and having to sign in every time is so frustrating! It even shows the same desktop PC as one of the "still signed in" options that I need to sign out of in order to access the software I pay for! 

I really, really hope Adobe fixes this soon- I super don't want to reinstall the apps or Windows to get it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and wish I were able to help you. Ever since a Windows 10 update (was already using Windows 10 for years; this was just an update), a month ago Creative Cloud desktop app keeps requiring me to sign in each time I open it. I don't know if it's related or just a coincidence. I used to be able to open Creative Cloud and all Adobe apps without having to sign in, because it saved the login and password. Now, it's promoting some stupid app, so "you never have to sign in". Well, I never had to sign in before without the stupid app.

I don't want to use some other app on my phone so that the app opens on my computer. I want it to open up and work without having to sign in each time, just like it used to. Things are even more annoying when Creative Cloud requires me to request a verification code by email, put in the code emailed to me, and STILL provide login information, after I put in the verification code. I don't have my email open all the time and I HATE having to sign into my email it just to get the damn verification code, and then still have to provide login and password information And, no, I don't want to sign in using Google, Facebook, or any other damn thing.

Asking for support's help has gotten me nowhere. At least Photoshop is back to opening, without having to sign in, when I launch it from the Creative Cloud desktop app. For several weeks, I had to sign into Photoshop even when launching from Creative Cloud (which made absolutely no sense). Of couse, I still have to sign in if I try to open Photoshop or Illustrator directly. Just a month or so ago, I could access them directly without using a password.

I also use Creative Cloud and several apps via my employer's enterprise account. There is no sign-in problem with that account. I just click on the Creative Cloud desktop app or any one of the other programs and they open just fine without having to sign into anything. It's worth mentioning that that stupid app Adobe is promoting for hassle-free access is not available for enterprise accounts. Lucky them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines