• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop Won't Install Issues on Mac OS X 10.8.4

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from CS6 to CC.  First round of installs no problem.  A week later there were a few updates including the CC Destop App and this is where the fun begins.   I installed the updates and immediately after I noticed it was only showing I had 3 apps installed when I have several.  I tried uninstalling the CC Desktop app and re-installing it but I can't get it to install.  Every time I try it just says you have an "unknown error".  I called Adobe's awesome support to which we ran throught diganostics only at the end to tell me they are having issues and to call back later.  I have been all over the forums and have yet to find a solution, nothing works (Including runing the cloud cleaner and renaming the OOBE file). 

I am running OS X 10.8.4 any other suggestions or help will be much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Romsinha! Thank you! I was having this problem and your instructions helped solve the issue.

Hi iChrisChatt,

Please try the mentioned steps:

1. Navigate to Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installer and look for CC desktop, if present run the uninstaller to uninstall it.

2. Navigate to Applications/Utilities and look for Adobe Application Manager folder and Creative cloud folder. If present move to trash and empty it.

3. Navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and rename to OOBE.old

4. Download

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have already went thru this help doc http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

A few questions, have you tested in a new admin user account and is your mac behind any additional proxy or firewalls?

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No extra firewalls or proxies... I did try that fix to no avail ... I have not tested a new admin user though....I will try that as soon as I can.  BTW Just let me know and I can shoot you my case #. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues with installation. My computer, running latest Mountan Lion, says the following:

We've encountered the following issues:

Creative Cloud desktop failed to install.

I currently don't have previous versions installed on my mac. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I had to do.  Go through and delete everything that was related to CS6 then run the Adobe Cleaner tool ... and delete all the junk then install the adobe cloud and re-install my apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iChrisChatt,

1. Navigate to Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installer and look for CC desktop, if present run the uninstaller to uninstall it.

2. Navigate to Applications/Utilities and look for Adobe Application Manager folder and Creative cloud folder. If present move to trash and empty it.

4. Download CC desktop from: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and try to install again.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Romit,
Chris's issue is resolved now

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Romsinha! Thank you! I was having this problem and your instructions helped solve the issue.

Hi iChrisChatt,

4. Download CC desktop from: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and try to install again.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me also, thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me as well!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alot! It really help me with Error 62, then when it close at 50% of download.

And now can update my apps and install Creative Cloud on Yosemite 10.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romit,

thanks. Your instructions worked and saved my day!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This helped IMMENSLEY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with error 201 on a freshly formatted win 7 machine.  Have all updates and no other software on this fresh dual xeon machine.  No prior install of any Adobe products.  Have a blazing fast internet connection, but can't download a 3mb setup file??

Tried chat support, waited for an hour, gave up.  Can't find a direct download of the CC setup program, just the small utility.  Essentially a set up file to get to the set up file to get to the main program downloads?

Nice job.  smh

Looking for "alternatives."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. have run all the steps listed to no avail. Creative cloud desktop install freezes at about 20%. Running OS X 10.10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLID -

The explanation was "on point" and worked from the word go.  About the 7th post that I've read on the topic and you got it right!

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are in June 2016 and THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM! I have one user whose computer went from perfectly normal to this Adobe FUBAR in one day. I've tried every suggestion I've found and still can't reinstall Creative Cloud.

We pay a lot of money for this garbage. Why can't Adobe developers get it working properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat you are - about two months ago cc apps stopped working on my laptop.  I tried uninstalling the apps that weren't working and reinstalling - no dice.  I tried uninstalling CC completely - then tried reinstalling CC.  And that's where things are stalled.  I'm able to download it, but when I double click the icon to install, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, VERY frusterating, I hope adobe fixes this ASAP. please let me know if you found any fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me just now. I've tried all the solutions but it just won't install. Adobe need to fix this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Romit Sinha, That worked for me!! You're my hero! If you get this, what the hell was blocking it, the OOBE file? And why did .old make it work??? Thanks so much again,

~RR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems as though a previous version was causing my hold up. it wouldn't let me use the uninstaller because it was an old version and said the developer had to update it. I just trashed everything old like the uninstallers, apps and folders and tried again and it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines