• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud does not recognize updated CC apps as updated OS X

Participant ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of months ago I moved to a rural area of South Africa, where broadband speed is slow and data is relatively expensive. I subscribe to the Adobe Photographer plan.

As I use 2 Mac machines (iMac and MacBook Pro OS X Mojave 10.14.6) I decided to go to a friend's home who has fast internet and uncapped data to download any Adobe updates on the MBP, then transfer those updated apps and related library files from the MacBook Pro to the iMac back at my house. However, Creative Cloud app on the iMac (same version as the MBP) shows each installed app as requiring an update. When I look at the version number of each app on both machines, they comport.

Searching the Adobe forums, I followed this Adobe Community suggestion without any luck. 

When i transferred the updated Adobe files (applications and application support files) from the MacBook Pro to the iMac, I made sure (from the modified file date) that I moved all related files to the same file locations. I tried each of the Adobe apps. They all opened. However there were two oddities: In Lightroom CC I edited an image in Photoshop via the contextual menu>edit in.  When Photoshop opened, a prompt said Raw Camera plug-in needed to be updated. The second instance occurred when I opened an image in Photoshop (as a stand-alone) and selected the Camera Raw filter. Same prompt as via Lightroom. Using the above steps the MacBook Pro shows Camera Raw as 12.2, while the iMac shows Camera Raw as 12.1. 

How do I get Creative Cloud to recognize the updated apps without having to resort to expensive downloads or reinstalls?

Thanks for any help here.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

it doesn't sound like you updated everything on your imac.

but you should either let the cc app handle your installs and updates or do it manually.  trying to do both (update manually and use the desktop app to do anything other than sign-in/out) is going to cause repeated problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't sound like you updated everything on your imac.

but you should either let the cc app handle your installs and updates or do it manually.  trying to do both (update manually and use the desktop app to do anything other than sign-in/out) is going to cause repeated problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

As using Creative Cloud is not possible (slow internet speeds and high data cost) I did a live chat with an Adobe agent. He provided me with a link for downloading the latest installers. Went to a data center and activated the download there on my MBP. From there used the same installer at home on my iMac. All okay now.

For anyone needing an installer download link, Adobe provides one either via email or live chat via their support site. The link is active for 24-hrs. Important you get the correct installer version. Have the agent confirm the version number you are receiving. New releases usually take a week to migrate over to the manual download option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome, and thanks for the info to help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines