• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud - Download error - stubborn error

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be inconsistency quality assurance going on with Creative Cloud using Adobe Application Manager, I always get this stubborn - darn stubborn error message "Download error. Please contact customer support." In this case, I have no idea what the darn problem since it never gave me the reason as to what kind of error message that caused this stubborn download error.

I have no problem updating Creative Cloud apps on Mac Pro, but I am having this stubborn problem on my other computer - more specifically, MacBook Pro 17" unibody operating on Mac OS 10.8.2 (the latest version) Mountain Lion.

I have to say that I was very disappointed, because I had switched to Creative Cloud subscription from traditional Master Collection CS6.

This quality of service with Adobe Creative Cloud subscription proved worthless and unreliable and if this continue being this way, why should I continue to use Creative Cloud where it failed to download or not able to download at all? Why should I continue to pay subscription fees - even if I pay for annual contract.

I felt that I was ripped off by Adobe with faulty unreliable subscription service through Creative Cloud.

Please, please and please provide me a remedy solution. I have tons of project that I am working on.

Deeply disappointed.

Long time Adobe consumer for years!!!

BEST of the BEST crap experience with Creative Cloud - that is based on my experience!

Brian

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

I had a lengthy chat with a Support Agent and finally solved my issue by enabling my root user... after many trial/error attemtpts. Here is my summary just fyi, I hope it works for you too.

I'm on MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.5.

1. They first had me go to ~/Library/Applications support/Adobe/OOBE and delete the file "opm.db" .... Creative Cloud issue remained.
  2. Then they asked me to go to ~/Library/Applications support/Adobe and rename the folders "AAMUpdater" and "OOBE"... and go to Library/Applications supp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CaramelMacchiato please keep in mind that you are posting to the Adobe forums.  If you are looking for immediate assistance then I would recommend contacting our support team.

From the behavior you have described it would appear you are facing a network configuration issue with the Adobe Application Manager.  Are you on a managed network?  If so then I would recommend contacting your I.T. department.

If you are not on a managed network then please see Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

My Macs are at my residence. I have home office working at my residence office right here. Our cable broadband is high speed broadband operating in closed network connected with secured WiFi with password to access the closed network at my residence.

I also have Norton Internet Security enabled.

Support team has not been very helpful... they don't konw what they are doing at all. No point seeking their help. I come here to seek some help right here on the forum where there are many knowledgeable volunteers helping other people like myself. The support team over the years has been totally 110% unreliable with no mission accomplished and I do NOT have time sitting around waiting for the answer... with LONG delay of waiting. I like old days dailing up by pressing "0" operator, they give the assistance and get help fast like there is no tomorrow. What is wrong with these days with lousy horrible and unreliable customer service experience. Adobe DO have money to provide better customer service experience? Why is that they shifted or outsourced the work to oversea... and many jobs were at loss in North America... Enuf said.

That said, I am not willing to waste my time trying to find solution for this problem. I have to say that I am a little annoyed that I am still seeing the same problem over 10 times today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CaramelMacchiato I would recommend checking your security settings under Norton Internet Security.  For fun I installed Windows 8 and Norton Internet Security this weekend and I did experience some difficulties with Norton's automatic settings not giving the needed access to certain applications.  Setting them to allow all connections for those software titles allowed me to resolve those difficulties.  It is likely you are facing a similar issue with the Adobe Application Manager/PDApp.exe.

I would highly suggest though reviewing the previously offered document in message #2.  It does cover other network configuration issues which maybe leading to the difficulties which you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goodness gracious, I am still having the same problem.

I give up! I don't think I'd ever renew the subscription service with Adobe Creative Cloud! Why is that I have to still pay for this lousy unreliable inconsistent bug problem associated with not able to install updated versions of any Creative Cloud.

I still get the darn same stubborn message:

Download Error

Download Error. Please contact customer support.

I am trying to get in touch with someone at Adobe through Liveperson by the name of Mohammed. He seems that he doesn't know what the heck he is doing with his job as customer rep. What a incompetent rep!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CaramelMacchiato I am sorry you are still facing difficulties with your network configuration.  Do you have a case number from your interaction with our support team which I can review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I was never given the case number at all. That is why I was saying that these customer reps are so incompetent.

Have a fabulous day!

By the way, I still have Adobe Edge Animate version: 1.0.1.204.22434

on MacBook Pro 17 unibody operating in 10.8.3, the latest system architecture.

As usual, still same s--tty error message.

I *DO* have HUGE benefit of doublt about consistency of Adobe Cloud system being consistent. It is broken system, period! End of discussion!

Totally frustrated! I am done with Adobe! Good bye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On MacBook Pro 17, I have the version numbers of Adobe Creative Cloud Connection, it is Version 1.0.223.0 Release. I do notice that it doesn't remember my email address as I log on Mac Book Pro when Adobe Creative Cloud dialogue box. Why is that it never remember on my laptop computer?

On other hand, on MacPro, it remembers my login of Adobe ID and password (I am not going to put these info here on the forum for security reason)...

I do show that I have the same version number of Adobe Creative Cloud Connection (in System Preference) on Mac Pro as appeared on my laptop. I do show that my email address shown above "Account Details" on my MacPro. I don't want to post screenshot on the forum showing my email address here. Yet, it doesn't show the email address on my laptop - same approach. Why is that?

On my Mac Pro, the Adobe Edge Animate version number is: 1.5.0.217.23270.  On my laptop, it shows aging version of Adobe Edge Animate version 1.0.1.204.22434.

I am ready to throw out Adobe apps all together! Never again upgrade with Adobe from now on unless I get this damn remedy once for all.

I am really surprised that I was NEVER given the case number when I chatted with Adobe cust rep through liveperson online the other night.  Never again!!!!

Ciao bello! What a joke and waste of money spent on Creative Cloud subscription. I doubt that Adobe ever could fix and prepare for Creative Cloud version 2!  This is going to be my last investment with Adobe Creative Cloud 1.0 and CS6 is certainly the last investment!

END OF DISCUSSION! PERIOD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to post the case number as I discovered it in my Account Info online... Again, I don't want to post the case number online for security reason, too.

Where can I send the case number to you off the forum in private? I am not able to find a private message enabled in your profile either.

Good night! Totally disgusted! I would like to speak with Creative Cloud product manager at once for all, too! This drive me NUTS!!!!

Ciao, CM

Post Script:

By the way, I do show the Adobe Application Manager version 7.0.0.233 on my laptop and MacPro as well. I am not sure why I am getting this s--tty crap drab error messages on my laptop!!!!!!@!@!@@!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CaramelMacchiato there is no security risk by providing your case number in a public forum.  Only Adobe employees are able to reference the case details.  You are certainly welcome to e-mail me at <Removed by Moderator> if you would prefer to send over your case number that way.  If you can please do me a favor and also reference this discussion thread in your e-mail it would be appreciated.

Message was edited by: Jeff A Wright

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ahve the eccact same problem. There is a link in the CC window claiming to be "Costumer support" When you click this you end up in the standard supportpage, where you're explanied that you have long answertime at the support! Thats not good costumer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on Win 7 64x. I have a full Creative Cloud subscription. The problem is the same no matter to what network my PC is connected to (home or work). Finally I do not have Norton nor McFee nor other known buggy anti-virus. It started yesterday. So CaramelMacchiato is not the only one having that issue, just maybe the only one who bothered to seek help in the forums. Like I've just done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An hour dealing with Adobe's customer support and the solution was to reinstall the Adobe Application Manager. Wow (sarcastic) - It is amazing how long their "senior" technician took to figure that one out... geez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! You saved my nerves! That only thing with reinstalling Application Manager did help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue as well. Works fine on my home laptop, but not work computer. Just spent 2 hours with a rep who took multiple breaks to "think on the issue". After 2 hours and then a frozen download, I was given a case number and told to call back if after an hour the download was still frozen.

How helpful...

Am having to use the download assistant to download products and then sign in to activate them. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac at home which is working fine with CC, but on my Macbook Pro 15 inch same error keeps on coming up. I can log into Adobe online, on the CC, but when checking whether I have the apps available online, I first have to log onto the Creative Cloud for teams section before it 'sees' me as a paying customer. 

Screen 1:

Screen 1.jpg

I then decide to open up the browser and go to Adobe.com and log into my account:

Screen 2.jpg

I have no products found and I have to click on the ad (which shouldn't show if I've already bought the software?)

Screen 3.jpg

And I get the options of downloading all the apps I need.

Screen 4.jpg

I have already downloaded the apps, but can't seem to log into the CC app in the toolbar at the top of my screen. I can log into Behance too, but it looks like I'm getting an old version of everything. The Typekit facility as well as the files section doesn't seem to work yet, even though it looks like everyone else is using it.

typekitissue.pngfiles.png

Adobe, please sort this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too for the 3rd time.  one time I was on chat for 3 hours trying to fix.  When I got off the phone I read a readme file and the idiot in that foreign country didn't even follow the directions.  I had to delete all of my programs and reinstall them.  I don't want to have to do this again.  Download error.  My apps don't show up.  I have not added any computers or made ANY changes.  Can't they fix this!???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was experiencing the same problem, with the Download Error message on CC App tab. I contacted support and the issue is solved (on a Mac Book Pro running OS X 10.8.5). The steps I followed are:

1. Close Creative Cloud Application (up right corner, click on the cog menu and then "Quit Creative Cloud").
  2. From Finder, click Go > Go to Folder.
  3. Type ~/Library/Application support/Adobe and hit return.
  4. Rename  the folders 'AAMUpdater' and 'OOBE' to 'AAMUpdaterOLD' and 'OOBEOLD'.
  5. From the Finder, click Go > Go to Folder.
  6. Type /Library/Application support/Adobe and hit return.
  7. Rename AAMupdater, AAMupadaterInventory folders to AAMupdaterOLD, AAMupadaterInventoryOLD.
  8. Launch your Creative cloud desktop.
  9. Introduce your CC credentials.
  10. Select install/update applications.

Hopefully it will work for you. If it does, then you can remove the folders that you renamed as <something>OLD.

I assume that for Windows users it should be possible to do something similiar. If someone is able to reproduce it please post it here for further reference.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a PC running Windows 7 and had the same issues. Instructions from Adobe:

1. Close Creative Cloud Application (up right corner, click on the cog menu and then "Quit Creative Cloud").

2. Please navigate to C:Program files(X86)/Common files/Adobe folder.

3. Rename the OOBE folder to OOBE.old

4. Rename AAMupdaterInventory to AAMupdaterInventory.old

5. Type appdata in the start menu search

- What I had to do was go to C: > "MyUserName" > Appdata > local > adobe

6. Rename the OOBE folder to OOBE.old

7. Rename AAMupdater to AAMupdater.old

8. Launch Creative Cloud Desktop

9. Introduce CC credentials

10. Select install/update applications

This seemed to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.  After I signed in, the Apps panel had a spinning wait icon, and after about 20 minutes of spinning, it reverted to the same dialog boxed as pictured above.

I can't get the creative cloud app to work correctly.

I'm using a retina MacBook Pro 15", my MacPro at my home is not having this issue.  I've been trying to solve this for a few days with no luck.

So I deleted the Creative Cloud Application, the files mentioned in the 2 posts above, reinstalled Creative Cloud and then rebooted my Mac  this seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Nothing else was working. Worked fine on my iMac, but not on my Macbook Pro. Thanks for posting the workaround. And adobe: now fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a lengthy chat with a Support Agent and finally solved my issue by enabling my root user... after many trial/error attemtpts. Here is my summary just fyi, I hope it works for you too.

I'm on MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.5.

1. They first had me go to ~/Library/Applications support/Adobe/OOBE and delete the file "opm.db" .... Creative Cloud issue remained.
  2. Then they asked me to go to ~/Library/Applications support/Adobe and rename the folders "AAMUpdater" and "OOBE"... and go to Library/Applications support/Adobe (note it's a different path) and remane the folders "AAMupdater" and "AAMupadaterInventory"... issue still remained.
  3. They also had me go to my Netwrok Prefrences, Proxy server to Configure, and enusre all boxes are unchecked, and "Use Passive FTP  Mode (PASV)" also unchecked... did not help, issue remained.
  4. Of course they had me unistall then reinstall the Creative Cloud application, which I did (Applications>Utilities>Adobe installer and run the "Uninstall Creative Cloud")... but the issue remianed.
  5. Finally, they had me visit this page on Apple's support page, http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528 and enabled the root user for OS X Lion.
    1. After enabling the root user (and creating a new password for it), I rebooted my Mac
    2. Logged in my Mac once as "root" and logged in to Adobe Creative Cloud using my usual Adobe username/email and password.
    3. Went to the "Apps" tab, and it worked perfectly!
    4. I logged out of root on my Mac, then logged back in as myself.
    5. Launched the Creative Cloud app, logged in and went to "Apps"... works just fine!

I don't like my root user enabled. So I went back and disabled it (per the same Apple instructions above), and the Adobe Creative Cloud still works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same problem suddenly since downloading the latest CC app update (my application has never auto-updated). Above solutions don't work, however, logging in through root does fix the problem and allow the apps list to load correctly. But, no go on my primary profile -- still showing download error. This is clearly a permissions issue, and a basic permissions fix in my regular profile didn't help fix anything. Fix your software, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines