• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud error 81

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate asking for help, but I am stuck because Creative Cloud is stuck!  I get error 81, another installer is running.  On Win 10, I have stopped everything in task manager that mentions Adobe, then restarted.  problem persists.  I downloaded creative_cloud_uninstaller and the exe file gives me the same issue with either the repair or uninstall option.  Control Panel>All Items> programs and Features will not repair or uninstall Creative cloud.  Any help greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Hi @RWStarrett,

Did you restart your computer?

Have you tried booting up in SafeMode?

Are you logged-in with a computer user profile that has administrative privileges?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RWStarrett,

Did you restart your computer?

Have you tried booting up in SafeMode?

Are you logged-in with a computer user profile that has administrative privileges?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, no, and yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I looked up how to start in safe mode - not something I do every day - and did that.  The repair mode of creative_cloud_uninstaller then worked and I am now back in business.  Thank you!  Now I just wish I understood why all that was necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RWStarrett,

If it worked in SafeMode, that tells me there's a conflict with some other software or background process.  It could be almost anything from your anti-virus & firewall to OS updates.  At any rate, I'm glad it worked for you 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please close all Adobe processes and then rename PDApp folder.

More informations how to do this you'll find here: Resolve error P81 or 81 while trying to install Acrobat DC (adobe.com)

Note: The AppData is hidden with Windows default settings.

Instructions to show it you'll find here: View hidden files and folders in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines