Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files and Disk Space

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
1. The "dedicated" folder of Creative Cloud Files that we find in our machine, area really occupies space of our local drive?

2. Why takes so long log time tu upload files? I understand that my files can be too big but even so, hours to upload?

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Yes, that's how it works. The local originals will always be retained.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what you mean. You have not provided any useful technical info about your system, your Internet connection and otehr things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that locally I have a folder for the Creative Cloud files, with the cloud icon printed on the folder. Repeat: This folder is located on my compuer. So, if I want to upload 5 GB files. I drag my files to this folder and the synchronization will start, right? My question is if, besides the 5GB which will occupy the Adobe Cloud, those 5GB files will also be "duplicated", "saved" in the local hard drive, spceifically in the any hard drive of my Computer? U uso iMAc iCore 7, High Sierra. thank U.

cc-folder.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's how it works. The local originals will always be retained.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, of course I want keep those files locally but no in the Creative Cloud Files. I though that they could be a kind of "aliases" which refer to the files stored oncloud. And additionally to that, having the local file somewhere else locally. I try not to duplicate space in the local hard drives for northing. Thank U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know any new solution about this? I can't understand why this "cloud" is working like this... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files placed within the Creative Cloud Files folder are actual duplicates of the originals and are taking up disk space than this isn't a viable solution. Is there no way to just upload files to Adobes cloud service for storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very good point and i think that was what was being asked right at the start.

can windows just keep an alias? onedrive can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great point. Why pay for cloud space if it will duplicate the files on my laptop and my cloud space with Apple? I want to be able to store the files in the cloud without them being on my drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is pathetic to have a multi-million dollar company, giving no explanation to 'cloud' storage, which it is definitely not!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All cloud services which -sync- work this way. Some do, some don't, and some have a switch. Adobe's can't be switched off. But surely you weren't planning to delete your local copy and leave it only on the cloud, with no local backup??  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, adobe does give an explanation. here's basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

now, i think it's fair to argue these explanations could be improved, and it could be argued even more persuasively that finding the info could be a lot more convenient.  (but then finding anything on adobe.com could be more convenient, imo.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines