Highlighted

Creative Cloud Files and Disk Space

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
1. The "dedicated" folder of Creative Cloud Files that we find in our machine, area really occupies space of our local drive?

2. Why takes so long log time tu upload files? I understand that my files can be too big but even so, hours to upload?

Thanks a lot.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Yes, that's how it works. The local originals will always be retained.

Mylenium

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Files and Disk Space

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
1. The "dedicated" folder of Creative Cloud Files that we find in our machine, area really occupies space of our local drive?

2. Why takes so long log time tu upload files? I understand that my files can be too big but even so, hours to upload?

Thanks a lot.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Mylenium

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what you mean. You have not provided any useful technical info about your system, your Internet connection and otehr things.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that locally I have a folder for the Creative Cloud files, with the cloud icon printed on the folder. Repeat: This folder is located on my compuer. So, if I want to upload 5 GB files. I drag my files to this folder and the synchronization will start, right? My question is if, besides the 5GB which will occupy the Adobe Cloud, those 5GB files will also be "duplicated", "saved" in the local hard drive, spceifically in the any hard drive of my Computer? U uso iMAc iCore 7, High Sierra. thank U.

cc-folder.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, of course I want keep those files locally but no in the Creative Cloud Files. I though that they could be a kind of "aliases" which refer to the files stored oncloud. And additionally to that, having the local file somewhere else locally. I try not to duplicate space in the local hard drives for northing. Thank U.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know any new solution about this? I can't understand why this "cloud" is working like this... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0
eriks3 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files placed within the Creative Cloud Files folder are actual duplicates of the originals and are taking up disk space than this isn't a viable solution. Is there no way to just upload files to Adobes cloud service for storage?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 1