Highlighted

Creative Cloud Files Missing or Damaged Error

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud keeps telling "Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged. You can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp.."

It won't even let me launch an app after a clean installation. I've tried all the solutions on this page as well as white-listing it on my anti-virus programs and it still won't work. I get the error right after I install and launch any app. I can't even run it at this point.

I have a brand new laptop with Windows 10 Home 64-bit on it. Anyone who has a solution that might work, it would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Files Missing or Damaged Error

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud keeps telling "Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged. You can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp.."

It won't even let me launch an app after a clean installation. I've tried all the solutions on this page as well as white-listing it on my anti-virus programs and it still won't work. I get the error right after I install and launch any app. I can't even run it at this point.

I have a brand new laptop with Windows 10 Home 64-bit on it. Anyone who has a solution that might work, it would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 27, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2018 2
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually read my whole post?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key for me, with my iMac, was to

Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then reinstall it.

Worked great!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps :

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud .

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

Disable Firewall Temporarily.

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Unable to delete??? rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Then download and install Adobe Creative Cloud application .

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2018 2
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing. Thank you though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed any Adobe apps like Photoshop , Acrobat...etc?

If not , we can try complete manual removal of Adobe folders from all locations and reinstalled from scratch .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2018 1
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat works most of the time, until it needs to update and the AcroRead.msi file goes missing.

I have tried installing photoshop just to test it out and it won't launch. I downgraded to CS6, which works but no versions of CC are working. However I can get app liked After Effects to run.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2018 0
jsol107 LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue! try using the cleaning tool and then re-downloading: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0