Highlighted

Creative Cloud for desktop takes all physical and virtual memory and crashes PC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two installations on different hardware and both systems crash after starting Creative Cloud for desktop. This started just after the last app update end of March.

I already did uninstall/cleanup/install but no change. As soon as I start the app it starts using memory until BSOD.

Both systems are running Windows 10 latest build and patches.

Is this a known problem with March release of CC for desktop?

Best regards,

Lars

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud for desktop takes all physical and virtual memory and crashes PC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two installations on different hardware and both systems crash after starting Creative Cloud for desktop. This started just after the last app update end of March.

I already did uninstall/cleanup/install but no change. As soon as I start the app it starts using memory until BSOD.

Both systems are running Windows 10 latest build and patches.

Is this a known problem with March release of CC for desktop?

Best regards,

Lars

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 21, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If an app can cause BSOD, then it's a fault in the system. How do you measure the memory usage, and what is the reason given for the BSOD?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Windows runs out of memory, it is possible that the scheduler switches to a system task which does not get the memory required and crashes. Picture of BSOD tells critical_process_died. The other picture of Windows Event Viewer shows that process CreativeCloud.exe takes 59381846016 Bytes which is far to much! This is definitely an app fault to use 59GB of memory.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your images, for some reason, do not load for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked, they do not load for me neither. 

EVTViewer.jpgBSOD.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0