• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Glitching, Keeps crashing and asking me to repair

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title states my software keeps crashing and or prompting me to repair or quit out.

I have done the repair, nothing. I went online and tried every single step listed on the website to no help.I am at my whits end and need help resolving this.

I can not download any programs because Creative cloud keeps crashing the downloader.

Has anyone experienced this? if so what was done to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Zack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

I did all of the that, ran all the uninstallers but nothing worked. I had to factory reset my computer to get it to work right again.

I couldn’t find someone online who was having the same problem. Resetting my computer fixed the problem. Don’t know what the heck happened. One day working the next not 

Thanks,

Zack Lawler

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc using the uninstallers

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all of the that, ran all the uninstallers but nothing worked. I had to factory reset my computer to get it to work right again.

I couldn’t find someone online who was having the same problem. Resetting my computer fixed the problem. Don’t know what the heck happened. One day working the next not 

Thanks,

Zack Lawler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well.  I can't install any new apps or uninstall anything.  The Create Cloud app just sits there and then refreshes and claims nothing changed.  It will then randomly claim it crashed and must repair itself, but after downloading and reinstalled itself, it does the same thing.

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve the Tres Amigos (fdisk, format, reinstall)?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see message 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstallers fail, they launch the Creative Cloud app which crashes during the uninstall and refreshes itself to show the same apps installed.  I can't uninstall the Creative Cloud app because it claims the other apps it installed must be uninstalled first.

This is what worked for me, to get the Creative Cloud Desktop app to uninstall CC apps without crashing:

1. Open Task Manager and sort the process list by name, then End Task on all the Adobe processes.

2. Open the Creative Cloud Desktop app again, and uninstall all CC apps.  It should not crash again.

3. Then, follow the instructions in the first comment to uninstall the Creative Cloud Desktop app itself (I was not able to uninstall it using its listing in the Windows Apps, it just said there were still CC apps installed that needed it, even after a reboot).

The instructions in the first comment work unless your Creative Cloud Desktop app is stuck crashing and trying to repair itself.  It that case, try steps 1 and 2 first, the go through the steps in the first comment.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. I've uninstalled everything multiple times, but it doesn't work. Also is making my computer extremely slow. It is painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing consistency on behalf of Adobe ) Here I am in 2020 having exactly the same problem! )))

With the bestestest wishes! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same - I uninstalled it, went to reinstall, it freezes at 50% each time, then crashes. I now can't do any work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Creative Cloud keeps on crashing which slows down the computer to basically infinitively long response times. The only thing that seems to work is rescueing, what I am working on, restarting the computer and then shutting all Adobe programs down. I need a fix for this. It is really troublesome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Thomas5CCE 

do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines