• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud install failing, unable to backup files. 5.1.0.407 released 3/24/2020

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded new CC 3 times, install failed 4 times (including forced install), now cannot uninstall CC from the windows 10 x64 control panel since it cannot find uninstall..exe.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomasw54215209, it looks like you have an individual membership, but the e-mail address you used seems to belong to an organization.  Do you own and manage the computer and network that you are attempting to install the Creative Cloud applications on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I have my own personal website domain - vikingsail. Also tried to install again and getting same error still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, Thomas.  You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html to remove any currently install Adobe CC applications.  If you continue to encounter errors then please download and run the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you want me to uninstall all my apps:bridge, lightroom and photoshop? or just creative cloud.

tried to remove just CC then ran cleaner just on CC. tried to install creative cloud again and still got to 21.5% complete and it gave me the same p50 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you previously receive Error P50, Thomas? Steps on how to resolve the error can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_2_failed_update.html.

For your question regarding uninstalling, it will be dependent on which applications you want on the computer.  If Photoshop and Lightroom CC are currently opening without error, then I would not recommend uninstalling them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, unless you either fix the installation program or have a new suggestion, I have done all you suggested and the error is still occuring. I don;t use CC that much anyways and can use other means to update my lightroom and photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to hear that, Thomas.  Please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided to resolve the error.  There may be a higher than normal wait time due to the current pandemic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines