Highlighted

Creative Cloud Installation - installer.dmg is damaged, no available application to install

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, need some help.

After upgrading my hard drive I've restored my mac OS (Catalina 10.15.3). Now i'm trying to reinstall Creative Cloud. The installer package downloads fine but when I try to install, I get an error message: "Creative_Cloud_Installer.dmg" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to Trash.

I also get a message from Safari advising that there is no available application to install it

I seem to be missing some Adobe utilities too... could this be relevant?

Tried to uninstall and use the cleaner app, but unable to launch either of these tools either.

Any help would be appreciated

I've (finally) managed to install the CC app, so I thought I'd share how I managed it:

- Downloaded the Adobe cleaner app (https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) and overcame the launch of the .dmg file by

• opening terminal /applications/utilities/terminal
  • input the following: hdiutil attach /Users/INSERT_YOUR_FILEPATH TO THE DOWNLOAD e.g hdiutil attach /Users/ExampleUserName/Downloads/Creative_Cloud_AppCleaner.dmg
  • This will then create more error pop ups... Close the pop up error message and mange these from System Preferences /Security & Privacy /General.
  • Open the lock using your admin password. You should see a message below "allow apps downloaded from..." asking you to allow the app - confirm this.

This should then mount the installer which you can run and delete any old files (in my case i cleaned everything it suggested).

I then repeated the process with the creative cloud installer app with one exception; after mouting the app and moving to the desktop, I restarted my system. Clicking the folder enabled me to install creative cloud (required login details) and its all up and running.

Hope this helps someone and the instructions make sense!!!

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Installation - installer.dmg is damaged, no available application to install

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, need some help.

After upgrading my hard drive I've restored my mac OS (Catalina 10.15.3). Now i'm trying to reinstall Creative Cloud. The installer package downloads fine but when I try to install, I get an error message: "Creative_Cloud_Installer.dmg" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to Trash.

I also get a message from Safari advising that there is no available application to install it

I seem to be missing some Adobe utilities too... could this be relevant?

Tried to uninstall and use the cleaner app, but unable to launch either of these tools either.

Any help would be appreciated

I've (finally) managed to install the CC app, so I thought I'd share how I managed it:

- Downloaded the Adobe cleaner app (https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) and overcame the launch of the .dmg file by

• input the following: hdiutil attach /Users/INSERT_YOUR_FILEPATH TO THE DOWNLOAD e.g hdiutil attach /Users/ExampleUserName/Downloads/Creative_Cloud_AppCleaner.dmg
  • This will then create more error pop ups... Close the pop up error message and mange these from System Preferences /Security & Privacy /General.
  • Open the lock using your admin password. You should see a message below "allow apps downloaded from..." asking you to allow the app - confirm this.

This should then mount the installer which you can run and delete any old files (in my case i cleaned everything it suggested).

I then repeated the process with the creative cloud installer app with one exception; after mouting the app and moving to the desktop, I restarted my system. Clicking the folder enabled me to install creative cloud (required login details) and its all up and running.

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines