• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Installation troubles - MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll not found (and my fix)

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried installing Crative Cloud on a fresh Windows 10 (Pro) build.

When trying to load creative cloud I got two pop-up system errors saying that the code execution could not proceed because MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME.dll were not found ... and that reinstalling the program amy help.

Reinstalling the program did NOT help.

I eventually found (thanks Google) that the problem related to the fact that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables were not installed on my machine (Adobe's support information suggests that all the C++ redistributables are installed / provided with the installer ... and maybe they are, but the installation didn't work).

I set out to install the 2015 C++ redistributable from Microsoft's site, but that installatin failed because it was apparently already installed (even though Add/Remove Programs said it wasn't).

After much searching (thanks Google ... no thanks Adobe), I eventually found the cause and the solution - that the 2015 redistributables wouldn't install because 2017 was already installed ... so after removing the 2017 redistributables, I could easily install the 2015 versions and then the 2017 versions.

I'm not sure how the installation process got this muddled up in my case - whether it is an issue with Adobe's installer, or whether it may have related to other software installed before Creative Cloud that required the latest version - either way it was not a pleasant or quick process for me to get Creative Cloud installed!

To Adobe: maybe you can make sure your installer ensures the C++ 2015 redistributables are loaded first and that it knows what to do if 2017 is already loaded (prior to installing CC, I'd installed various drivers and applications, including Office 365, Dropbox, 1Password, Adobe Audition 3, Acronis True Image Home and Acrobat, and can provide a full list if if helps)

To other readers: I don't have any other insights, but maybe my troubles and the above solution can help if you encounter the same.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

and download the latest Visual C++ file and install it (for me it was VC_redist.x64.exe)

After I did that the launcher worked just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a simillar issue, I only got an popup error stating that MSVCP140.dll was missing. I removed Adobe Creative Cloud, used their Adode clean up utility, and then uninstalled all the Microsoft Visual C++ that was installed the same day as the Creative Cloud. In my case only Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and 2017 were installed so I removed all four of them (x64 and x86 version of each) and then reinstalled Creative Cloud. It worked right away with out issue. I'm not to sure what happend to cause my issue but its resolved now. Thanks for all the leg work on your end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. It solved my issue as well.

I uninstalled the current C++ and followed the steps you mentioned.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say thanks. This fixed it for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you! This is the only answer that actually helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstalling the Visual C++ 2017 both x86 and x64 was enough in my case.
repairing the creative cloud app fixed the issue ans re-installed the C++ 2017
I had 4 (times 2) version of C++ and it seems only the 2017 is causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a bunch!!! it helped, i had Visual C++ 2017 version, so i had to uninstall that, then install 2015 and later 2017 again.. so stupid 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this same issue and your answer solved it (quickly, rather than me tearing my hair out). Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, your solution is working for me for the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help here. I have just spent 2 hours pulling my hair out continually uninstalling and reinstalling creative cloud with no luck and this has helped me resolve the issue! For anytone readint this, it's worth noting that I did not remove the C++ visuals. I went to 'Add/remove programs' and then if you modify them you can repair them instead. The repair worked rather than a re-installation🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this! I just started receiving these error messages today out of the blue. I tried repairing both Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and (x86), and it worked! You saved me from hours of frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! Repairing all my Visual c++ programs worked perfectly!

For anyone who may be reading this thread but doesn't feel comfotable enough with computers to figure out how to do fix this issue I'll try to simplify what to do as best I can:

1. In the Windows search bar on the taskbar, type "add or remove programs" to get to that section in the settings menu.

2. In the searchbar under apps and features, type "microsoft visual c++"

3. For each program listed, click them, click modify, allow changes to your device, then click repair. (You may not be able to do this for the 2010 versions, don't worry you don't need to).

4. Try launching creative cloud/whatever adobe program was causing you difficulties.

It's possible you might not have needed to repair all of them, but I personally did just to be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the step by step directions.  You are the best!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the advice to repair the ms visual c++ programms. I had the same errors when I tried to install the adobe creative cloud and I've spent a whole day (!!) of searching online for solutions, removing and re-installing the acc and also installing the latest version of ms visual c++. Nothing worked. And then I tried as you suggested. I just repaired the 2015-2019 version of ms visual c++. That literally just took 5 minutes and after that I was finally able to install the acc without any further troubles! 🙂  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot. That was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will have used the official Microsoft installer, but as you say, that failed. I suspect you had the runtime before (almost every app uses it), then it was removed. Some apps are badly written and remove the runtime when uninstalled, but don't do it properly. That's my guess anyway. Good job of solving it and thanks for sharing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks So much.  I was able to "Repair" the distrubitables and it solved the issue.  I am not sure which one did the trick, because I did them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me when I uninstalled my latest version of MS Office. Then what I did is just repair my MS Visual C++ 2015-2019 and that's it. It fixed the problem. No need to uninstall / re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

and download the latest Visual C++ file and install it (for me it was VC_redist.x64.exe)

After I did that the launcher worked just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Est-ce qu'il y a moyen de l'avoir gratuitement? Je paie déjèa un abonnement, pourquoi je dois m'imposer cette dépense supplémentaire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great solution, worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to have helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, this actually worked. Thnak you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines