• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Installer Fails to Install

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Installer does not complete installation on Big Sur. It stops at 78% and then completely overuns all resources preventing any input whatsoever to the MacBook Pro. The Mac Book has to be powered off! When the MacBook is powered up a few minutes elapses before Adobe demand action and the resource over run re-commences. This means the MacBook cannot be used for any other work. To stop this I have had to clear the machine of all Adobe Apps in the few minutes immediately after power up before Adobe again hogs the Mac. I can now do some work. To say the least I am not impressed. Surely Adobe has tested their primary installer on Big Sur?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOME Adobe programs are compatible with big sur, but they may have issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Installer cannot even complete its own installation so presumably it is not compatible with Big Sur. I understand it takes time to update a large portfolio of complex apps. My complaint is that Adobe should not be trying to enforce an update of the Installer until it is Big Sur ready.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My conclusion about this issue is completely wrong for which I apologize. The installation of the Creative Cloud Installer is conflicting with Sophos Home. When Sophos Home is uninstalled Creative Cloud installs fully without interruption and Photoshop appears to be fine. As soon as Sophos Home is re-installed Creative Cloud keeps displaying that a download is required to solve the problem. I have now permanently uninstalled Sophos and installed TotalAV which does not interfere with any apps and places minimal demand on resources. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines