• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Installer launched but does not install (no message, no error, no log file, etc.)

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Creative_Cloud_Installer.dmg from my Adobe account, the file is in the /Users/administrator/Downloads folder.
Logged as Administrator on a fresh installation of Catalina 10.15.3 on the latest Mac Pro 2019, I double click on Creative_Cloud_Installer.dmg, and double click again on the Creative Cloud Installer application.
The application launches without message on the screen; no error message, no dialog box, no window, no icon in the Dock, nothing at all.
However, we can see the Creative Could Installer application running in Activity Monitor with CPU Time increasing.
A simple Quit stops the application, no need to Force Quit.
After quitting, the Utilities folder does not contain any Adobe files, so a cleanup is not needed.

The only special thing on this Mac is that I have swapped the Graphic Card with an AMD Radeon VII.

I have tried to apply the solution described in “Issue with quarantine bits in downloaded package”, without success.

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?