Highlighted

Creative Cloud Installer password

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update the my software on the Creative Cloud Installer, but it wants me to type in my password. Is this my Mac password or my Adobe ID password? It won't take either of my passwords, and I've had issues in the past with my keychain

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Installer password

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update the my software on the Creative Cloud Installer, but it wants me to type in my password. Is this my Mac password or my Adobe ID password? It won't take either of my passwords, and I've had issues in the past with my keychain

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kmeyer2014 it is requesting your administrator password.  This is the same password and username which you utilize to install any other applications on your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it won't accept any of my passwords. It keeps saying I need to be an administrator and I am an administrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathrynv68890560 for information on how to reset your User account password please see OS X: Changing or resetting an account password - Apple Support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, this fixed the very same issue for me, but I was definitely entering my computer account password, which is an admin. I double checked it by shutting down the Mac and restarting it, but the account password still didn't work. It only worked when I changed my password on System Settings ›› Users & accounts. Which is weird. It's the same process but wouldn't work with my old password. Is it because I'm on a new Mac and installing CC for the first time?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
lillau LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is still a problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines