• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installer stuck for new mac installation

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook Pro with the new Catalina OS, and the recent 10.15 update.  Since updating to this new OS, I purchase a Creative Cloud subscription and tried installing for the FIRST TIME.  However, the installer keeps getting stuck at 21.5 %.  I have spoken with Adobe on the phone, and they seem to think Apple needs to come out with an update.  And people on the Apple forums think that Adobe needs to come out with an update to their installer.  I have tried installing in Safe Mode, I have tried using the alternative download links provided by Adobe, I've also gone to both Libraries (User and System) to rename Adobe application support folders as "-old" in order to allow the Adobe installer to create new support folders, but nothing works.  Is there a solution to this yet?

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 4.52.39 PM.png

 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

Some people have success using this tool, but not all

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Some people have success using this tool, but not all

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the normal thing for early adopters. Apple and Adobe's techs will be working out the problems: you can't expect the guys in support to know who is at fault, I don't suppose the techs even know. This is why the smart money is on waiting a couple of months then checking carefully. Still, this is all part of the Joy of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.  The cc-cleaner tool didn't work for me, but I noticed in investigating that there was an old "Creative Cloud" folder in the Apps/Utilities folder that had been written to by this newer installer.  I killed the installer and binned the old Creative Cloud folder.  Restarted the installer and it went through without a hitch.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and your suggestion worked perfectly! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCleaner didn't work, but this did. Thanks.

Running Catalina 10.15.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The worked for me too!  Had LR and Creative Cloud 2015 installed on a Macbook that had been upgraded Sierra to Mohave to Catalina (10.15.6).  I subscribed to Creative Cloud online today and wben I got Adobe's email with the download link, I ran into a repeating error saying that I needed to fix Adobe Creative Cloud.  Deleted all the 2015 Adobe folders (I'm ok with replacing them with the new versions anyway) from my Applications / Utilities directory as this suggested, and started the install from the downloaded LR dmg file and it worked right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Totally stuck. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ondini,

Hearing more and more reports of this type of thing lately, unfortunately. So you tried the suggestions given above – including uninstalling the software, running the Adobe Cleaner tool and rebooting – and that didn't help?

So another option would be to request/use the 2020 direct download links instead, which don't need the Creative Cloud Desktop app to install the main creative tools.

For starters, try the standalone installer for the CC Desktop app itself and see if that helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#Problemsinstall...

Please let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I tried all the suggested fixes for this that I found, including downloading the CC Desktop app from the link above.
Despite that I was installing on macOS 10.15 (Catalina), what worked in the end was using the older "macOS v10.11 or earlier" installer available at the same link and then letting it update itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new macbook pro has the OS Sonoma, would this be the reason CC is having trouble installing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Steeleoz 

assumming nothing cc is installed:

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

install the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines