• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is charging the CPU at 99% since yesterday's update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two processes that are making the processor run at max are CCLibrary and CCXProcess. Any idea?

Captura de pantalla 2015-11-25 a las 7.53.36.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

This issue should be addressed by an update to the Creative Cloud app that was released yesterday.

You'll want to uninstall and reinstall the Creative Cloud app to get the 3.4.2.187 version. It won't appear as an update within the app. These would be the steps I'd recommend

1) Close all open Adobe products

2) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app

3) Close all Adobe related processes using Activity Monitor or Task Manager, list of processes below:

• Creative Cloud
  • Adobe CEF Helper
  • Adobe Desktop Service
  • Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please.  Where do we send the log to?

I would really like to see this fixed as soon as possible. Even all of my Adobe apps and Creative Cloud app closed, it is still sucking my RAM.  CCXProcess is still draining my memory. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 5.16.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff

Here is the log file

Thank you

Regards

Gary

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:49 AM, Jeff A Wright <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry here is the file

Thanks

Regards

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like this. Same my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really great that you are all trying to fix this issue. But I would really appreciate Adobe taking a stance here and clearly communicate what the status is of fixing the issue, give an estimated timeline, and in general just updates this thread, and simply clearly communicates. It's the 101 of customer relations really.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one wondering what this is doing to the life of my computer? I've started having random programs crash -- like Mail -- and others are frozen -- like Dashboard. And it seems like if my fans are running around the clock, the hardware is taking a hit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe CCX Welcome/ folder is empty for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​I don't have a file path ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe CCX Welcome/CCX

Process.log

I have ~/Library/Logs/Adobe CCX Welcome/ but there is no file named CCX

Process.log​ The folder Adobe CCX Welcome is empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 Macs with CC installed (same OS version, same CC version.

MacOS: 10.11.2 beta (15C47A)

CC version: 3.4.1.181

On one Mac: NO PROBLEM

On the other Mac: the problem occurs.

On the NO-PROBLEM Mac:

CCX Process.log EXISTS, but is not located in the folder you specified! the folder is ~/Library/Logs/Adobe CCX Welcome/

CC Library Process.log exists.

On the problematic Mac:

the CCX Process.log file DOES NOT EXIST! (and the ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe CCX Welcome/ folder itself does not exist and is replaced by the EMPTY folder ~/Library/Logs/Adobe CCX Welcome/)

CC Library Process.log file DOES NOT EXIST!

I found the following file: /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Creative Cloud_2015-11-30-085655_Les-Cerisiers.spin

Would it be of any help to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me. Only difference, I only have one mac, on which the problem occurs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same problem here. Everything is updated to the last patch.
AND... The folder ".../library/Logs/Adobe CCX Welcome" is EMPTY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I am at a complete loss.  Last week I decided to buy the Creative Cloud suite and at first everything was working fine.  Libraries was a great feature. Several days ago the Libraries all of the sudden stopped working.  From that point everything went haywire.  Now it is slowing my Mac down to a near stop.  It will take all of my ram and I cannot do anything.

Based on the information below, while I am concerned with the Library feature not working in PS, this is not a PS issue and more of a Creative Cloud issue based on the memory leaks coming from CCLibrary and CCXProcess as described below.  Although, I would really like to get my library back in PS, I would like the Memory problem to be resolved. This is why I am putting in the Creative Cloud section of the forum.

Completed all of the solutions from the other threads here in hopes it was the Library problem as this was originally what I noticed stopped working before noticing the other issues with the Processes.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1689115

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1748562

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1716069

I have Creative Cloud 3.4.1.181

I have looked all through the forums and tried many different things.  I have done all of the following from the other previous threads..

1) Signed in, signed out, signed in, quit PS and then restarted -

2) deleted the DB and OOBE files.

3) turned everything off and back on

4) Preferences double checked that as should be

5) uninstalled, used cleaner tool, reinstalled. *3 times now.

6) problem still persists so, repeated step 5 above and then reinstalled my Mac OS X

7) reinstalled the CC and apps again and still the problem persists.

Opened up Activity monitor and realized that CCLibrary and CCXProcess was taking 99% of my CPU. So, from the same thread from above, I quit CCLibrary from Activity and it gave me about 2Gb of Ram back.  Then the CCXProcess was hogging a bunch as well and ended up having to quit this as it was taking 5Gb of RAM!  Seriously?    Pics below.  This would only be a temporary solution as shortly it would begin to do this again.

Don’t worry, the CCXProcess just has not caught up yet. It eventually made it to 99% shortly after the photo, but everything was so slow, it was hard to get the screen shot to start up. So I took it at the time it came up.

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 10.03.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 10.02.04 PM.png

The low tech hack by sobamanju is ok but, why should I have to do this?

I ran the log tool suggested here and another thread. Just not sure where to send to. Could you please let me know where to send the log.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have battled the CC 99% CPU problem for a couple of weeks and am ready to quit CC and go back to owning the apps.

Mac Pro with OS X 10.11.1. Can't tell you CC version because I can't open it. I have killed both CC processes that run at 99% CPU and killed CC launch at Mac startup. Using LR & PS in the Dock to start them up.

I have created an AdobeFile with the LogCollectorTool but cannot figure out how to attach it to this post. Must be a wy but I cannot find even a clue.

Help, my trust in Adobe is almost down to zero.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For immediate result, use the cleaner tool to uninstall the CC Dekstop Click here to download Creative Cloud Cleaner tool 

When you open the app only check to uninstall the CC Desktop app. Then reboot your computer. This helped me. Note, uninstalling the CC Desktop removes cloud synchronization and access to stock photos. I personally don't use any of that so I'm happy to permanently get rid of the app. If you use any of those services this will only be a temporary solution until the problem has been fixed by Adobe. You can install the CC Desktop app again at any time. Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Also, call Adobe support and talk with them. I did that and they were very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe in its wisdom runs a node.js server with a very large and uglyfied main.js script which has quite a few jobs to do. On my machine CCXProcess goes to 100% of one CPU after loading IMS libraries.

I didnt have time to debug main.js

temporary fix

rename the offending main.js file

sudo mv '/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CCXProcess/CCXProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/../js/main.js' '/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CCXProcess/CCXProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/../js/main.jss'

of course you will actually want to rename it back to allow Adobe to log your data to their cloud, and find out your membership status and so on.. So if they don't produce a fix I will be renaming every 2 weeks.

rename back

sudo mv '/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CCXProcess/CCXProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/../js/main.jss' '/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CCXProcess/CCXProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/../js/main.js'

why does this work. When CCXProcess process tries to start it just abnormally ends with file not found. Eventually adobe will release an update. And main.js will be updated. Or if the update process relies on main.js being present.. who knows who tangled the Adobe web is, then by renaming every two weeks and manually checking for updates, you force an update. Just reboot and check for 100% CPU and if they haven't fixed it, rename to main.jss and wait another 2 weeks. Doubtless enough angry people will be reporting this for some time to come without coming up with their own solutions, so Adobe will be looking at this. we hope. At least it's not like Apple where a bug appears in userland and isn't fixed for years. haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

As shimmyshack says, CCLibrary.app and CCXProcess.app seems to runs node.js servers.

CCLibrary runs with 'Contents/js/server.js' script.

CCXProcess runs with 'Contents/js/main.js' script.

Both scripts seems to stop at 'proxy.getRootCA()'.

This 'proxy' means 'node-ProxyResolver' module.

'getRootCA' function of this module calls 'libProxy.SystemRootCA' function.

And 'libProxy' is native library placed in node-ProxyResolver module named 'libProxyResolverMac'.

Both CCLibrary and CCXProcess stopped at to call 'libProxy.SystemRootCA()' function.

I hope this information will be of some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot to write my environments.

My Mac: Mac mini (Late 2012)

MacOS: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1

Creative Cloud: 3.4.1.181

I think this problem caused by El Capitan's new restrictions? (such as rootless feature) - Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, I don't think so. I didn't have the problem on El Capitan until last update of CC Desktop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work gootara.org

It's always good when a genius weighs in with some useful info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the Keychain is the cause of this problem.

I predict almost everyone who has this CCXProcess and CCLibrary problem also has some problem with Mac's Keychain Access.app.

(For example, can't open KeyChain Access.app, or can open but hanging when to select 'login' > 'Certificates'. Or asking keychain login password again and again. etc...)

There are many way to fix keychain access, such as Keychain First Aid, to delete CodeEquivalenceDatabase, something like that.

But the easiest way to solve this problem is to create a new user account.

I created a new user account on my Mac(using System Preferences > Users & Groups) and swich to it by reboot, everything is fine so far.

Even though I created a new one with the same iCloud account which has had this problem.

(If you're afraid to use iCloud account, try to create local user.)

I know it's tough work to rebuild your own environments, but it's very simple.

After creating a new user, if there are any problems with keychain access continuously, check also 'System' and 'System Root' on the Keychain Access.app.

The cause of this problem seems to be very complexed, so this is not the best solution for everyone, I know.

But at least it was good for me.

If you think you have no problem with your keychain, try another way.

This is just for reference. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been talking to Adobe's support and they suggested this yesterday.  There was a problem with one of the certs in my keychain causing Keychain Access to hang, but even after fixing that issue, Adobe's bug remains.  First Aid comes up clean, and I can view all the entries in my keychain without issue.  Even Adobe's own test app worked.

Why is Adobe's program enumerating our keychains in the first place?

By the way, instead of creating an entirely new account, it is much easier to just reset the keychain following Apple's advice:

Resetting your keychain in Mac OS X - Apple Support

Note that doing this will wipe out all saved passwords, and encryption keys/certificates. (Read: not good if you encrypt emails and need to view old ones)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, to reset keycchain is the better way.

but Keychain Access.app not even startup on my environment.

Anyway, thank you for the additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also do not have any problems with the keychain access app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not find any problem in the Keychain Access.app, 'security' command might be your help.

For example, in my problematic environment, dump-keychain with -a option was hanged, but in new problem-free not hanged.(This is just an example. not reproducible for everyone.)

see man page.

security(1) Mac OS X Manual Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines